Another postive perspective from Omar(sarcasm) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another postive perspective from Omar(sarcasm)

Omar doing his best evaluations at training camp
CMixmp0_Ws_AAn_NSs.jpg_large.jpg

yeah Dylan was way overly harsh there. especially given modern technology- that may
have been a word processing glitch and one of those things thst
just wasnt proof read well.

I hope Julius pans out, but I liked Dion Sims...he was coming into his own...

Like Sims, but he was paid more than I was willing to pay him for that role. We'll see with Thomas... there were several decent receiving tight ends that provided little in the way of blocking that could have been added late in the 2017 draft that could have played the role THomas will play. If Thomas regains some of his pre-Jacksonville form he'll be fine. Also the 2018 draft is looking like a very good tight end draft, so Miami could easily draft one and add a free agent vet next year if needed.

You do realize the "building a report" error was in the Michael Hernandez written story not in Kelly's? It's easy enough for us to bash Kelly for his errors, no need to judge him for other's mistakes.

Thank you, but Omar has always been a hack.

Michael Hernandez, get your **** together and learn the difference between rapport and report.

This is the first negative commentary re Raekwon McMillan that I have heard. Omar attended some of the OTAs and mini camp but probably only a handful of days. However, it is a concern if Raekwon is so unimpressive that Omar is already prepared to declare his concerns.
Let's take a deep breath and see how he goes at Training Camp. He wouldn't be the first rookie to make some mistakes and fail to impress Omar.

I don't have an issue with Omar's take. The media was only allowed at a few practices and he reported what he saw from those open sessions. He also said Charles Harris looked better than Olivier Vernon at the same point in their careers. His overview was pretty optimistic overall.

One thing I found interesting (true or not) is that the Dolphins would use Timmons and Alonso on the outside and look for a two-down MLB to play the run....keeping Timmons and Alonso as the nickel LB's. I believe that will depend on the development of Raekwon and the availability of Misi unless they really intend on giving Hull a shot. He seems a bit undersized for that role but we'll see I guess. McMillan has been learning all 3 spots so his head is probably spinning a bit. he's a smart kid and should flash some once they get to camp and he settles in at a spot.

It's VERY early in the process and while Julius Thomas may not have flashed yet, he still has time to incorporate himself more into the offense. He didn't work out with Tannehill and the other receivers in the off-season prior to mid-March as the other guys did. It was reported by a Jags beat reporter last June that Thomas looked unstoppable in practice (and would catch 10 TD's) but then he really didn't do much in the regular season. Surely he is better off with Tannehill compared to Bortles.

I agree with Eesti, I never have a problem with Omar's assessments. He's generally correct. What he says during the week, shows up in the games on Sunday. I and Omar are trench watchers. DT is really my only concern right now, along with backup LT. Raekwon is probably a step slow right now learning all LB position, probably thinking his butt off. Since O has seen practices for years, it's probably a good comparison, in terms of Jenkins being the reminder right now. I'll take a 2014 Jenkins. But at some point I expect Raekwon to take the next step Jenkins just couldn't. I've read Omar for years and for the most part he's been right. I rather have a straight forth reporter who don't sugar coat stuff, which gives me a better understanding of our team. I hope and expect a lot from this team, but wonder did we make enough changes to truely turn the corner. That leave us with the young guys developing. That's the key. Parker, Phillip, Howard, Lippet, Tunsil, McCain, Ajayi, James and Harris. We need to stay healthy. And I hope new players Hayes, Thomas, Larson, and Timmons gives us just that little extra to take it up a notch. We have to be better than last year, last year's team won't fair well this year.

As said multiple times already, yes Thomas and Tannehill do not have chemistry yet, so this is understandable. But additionally, regarding McMillan, he was regarded as a really good run stopper when he was drafted. And teams do not really run during otas and minicamp so it makes sense that he hasn't impacted practice that much

Back
Top Bottom