D.Bess WR
J.Taylor OLB
N.Jones CB

Cuts

J.Porter OLB 4.8mil
R.Torbor ILB 4mil
A.Ayodele ILB 4mil

FA

K.Dansby ILB - A must have to get this defense fix, a play making ILB something we haven't had for what seems like forever.

J.Peppers OLB - This one won't be high on alot of peoples lists of FA but I think that actual list will be a small one and not to many teams will being willing to spend good money this offseason. Peppers gives us a freak athlete coming off the edge with something to prove.

Trade

C.Crowder ILB to KC for 2nd, 5th and D.Johnson ILB
J.Smiley OG
G.Cam WR
6th

KC needs Oline help at OG and OT and they want to rid themselves of Johnson even though he play well at the end of the season. C.Crowder really improves their ILB combo and J.Smiley sets them up at OG. Greg is a solid #2 WR to help Bowe and Cassell out.
D.Johnson will have a chance to compete with a drafted ILB for the starting ILB spot beside K.Sansby, the loser becomes the back-up. We move Smiley so that V.Carey can go to LG and we'll draft a new RT bolstering the left side of the line.

T.Thigpen QB & a 6th to Buffalo for a 3rd.

We only make this deal if we get real value for him and re-signing Pennington allows to do this. I have no problem trading him in the division, Henne is a far superior QB and we have a wonderfully built team.

Draft

1(12) D.Bryant WR - We get that #1 we've always wanted to help Henne out.

Trade 2(36), 2(43), 6th and W.Allen CB to Arizona for 1(26)

Arizona has a few holes to fill on defense and one is a CB opposite D.Cromartie after McFadden failed badly.

1(26) T.Cody NT - Big man in the middle to shut down the run and occasionally colapse the pocket. Rotates with Solai but equates to good value being selected in the latter half of the 1st.

3(72) J.Veldheer OT - 6'9 321 an absolute monster RT that's pretty athletic, starter all 4 years which is a big plus in our FO's eyes.

3(73) M.Johnson ILB - Competes with D.Johnson for the other starting ILB position. Great athlete, great size, will make everyone thank the FO for trading Crowder.

4(107) K.Misi OLB - Under the radar OLB that was extremely impressive at the Senior Bowl. He gets to learn from Peppers and Taylor while getting some limited reps just like Wake did last year.

5 A.Quarless TE - An excellent athletic TE that can stretch the field and has great hands. Excelled at the Senior Bowl and has cleaned up his act, Quarless is great value in the 5th round.

6. A.Moats OLB 6'2 250 4.6/40 Division 1AA 1st Team All-American 23.5 TFL and 11 Sacks. Possibly a PS player that has huge upside if developed properly which seems to be the way of our CS.

7. E.Cook C 6'6 315 Massive Center that only gave up 1 sack all year, PS kid to develope for a couple years.

Roster

QB - C.Henne, C.Pennington, P.White
RB - R.Brown, R.Williams, P.Cobbs, L.Hillard
FB - L.Polite
TE - A.Fasano, A.Quarless, K.Sperry
WR - D.Bryant, B.Hartline, D.Bess, T.Ginn, P.Turner
OT - J.Long, J.Veldheer, N.Garner
OG - D.Thomas, V.Carey
C - J.Groves, J.Berger

DE - K.Langford, R.Starks, P.Merling, T.McDaniel
NT - T.Cody, P.Solai
OLB - C.Wake, J.Peppers, J.Taylor, K.Misi, C.Anderson
ILB - K.Dansby, M.Johnson, D.Johnson
SS - Y.Bell, T.Culver
FS - G.Wilson, C.Clemons
CB - V.Davis, S.Smith, N.Jones, J.Allen

I truely believe the FO/CS gives G.Wilson another shot to keep his starting FS spot with C.Clemons nipping at his heals if he falters at all. M.Nolan is the biggest offseason move and giving him hungry talent to play with makes our defense a feared one to play against. Peppers may be a controversial FA pick up but he will dominate in this defense with M.Nolan ringing up the blitz from everywhere and anywhere. Just imagine Wake and Peppers coming off the edges in this pass happy league!

D.Bryant gives Henne an extremely reliable WR to play opposite B.Hartline who I think has a great year. Moving J.Smiley gives us a great duo on the left side with Carey and Long beating down on DL-men in our run game. Quarless gives us that down field threat that we missed last year when D.Martin was let go.

I believe the KC trade and the Arizona trade offers real value on both sides allowing the potential to happen. Even if we couldn't do the Arizona one we could still get C.Thomas NT in the 2nd as a back up plan.

Trade
J.Smiley OG
G.Cam WR
6th
KC needs Oline help at OG and OT and they want to rid themselves of Johnson even though he play well at the end of the season. C.Crowder really improves their ILB combo and J.Smiley sets them up at OG. Greg is a solid #2 WR to help Bowe and Cassell out.
D.Johnson will have a chance to compete with a drafted ILB for the starting ILB spot beside K.Sansby, the loser becomes the back-up. We move Smiley so that V.Carey can go to LG and we'll draft a new RT bolstering the left side of the line.
So does the Miami Dolphins. Trading Smiley and moving Carey to guard still only solves one of the OGs positions. Thomas faded the second half of the season and we still don't know if he can give a full season.
We only make this deal if we get real value for him and re-signing Pennington allows to do this. I have no problem trading him in the division, Henne is a far superior QB and we have a wonderfully built team.
If Buffalo really wants Thigpen, we will not have to give up a draft in the deal. We could probably ask for 2nd round draft pick because it is a trade within the division.

So does the Miami Dolphins. Trading Smiley and moving Carey to guard still only solves one of the OGs positions. Thomas faded the second half of the season and we still don't know if he can give a full season

D.Thomas's 1st full season went pretty well for the most part, he needs to improve and he will. Smiley struggled to much for a high paid vet so I think moving only 1 OG makes more sense.

If Buffalo really wants Thigpen, we will not have to give up a draft in the deal. We could probably ask for 2nd round draft pick because it is a trade within the division

I can't see anyone trading a second for him, a third is more then generous for a divisional trade. We only gain by trading him because of having Penny signed (in this scenario), if we ask too much then we scare away our only trading partner and we get nothing.

I can't see anyone trading a second for him, a third is more then generous for a divisional trade. We only gain by trading him because of having Penny signed (in this scenario), if we ask too much then we scare away our only trading partner and we get nothing.
If they are looking at Thigpen (or any other QB) as a starter, you don't want to trade him for anything less than a second, if possible. You ask for a second to gauge how much interest they really have in him and then negotiate something else if you really want to make a trade.

Trade for A.Boldin and draft C.J. Spiller! I read somewhere that Boldin could be had for a 3rd rd. pick. If that is true forget Dez and draft CJ.

Nice post inches but I don't think anybody is giving up a 3rd for Thigpen. We'd be lucky to get a 5th for him imo. The Bills will more than likely be drafting a QB early in the draft. My best guess is Bradford, hope Im wrong though because I believe Bradford will be a stud if given the right protection because he is fragile. I'd be very, very surprised and ecstatic if we got anything higher than a 5th for Thigpen.

Derrick Johnson a FA

He's restricted.

You want a 2nd, 5th and Derrick JOhnson for Crowder?

No, I have Smiley, Crowder, Cam and a 6th for a 2nd, 5th and D.Johnson.

Nice post inches but I don't think anybody is giving up a 3rd for Thigpen. We'd be lucky to get a 5th for him imo. The Bills will more than likely be drafting a QB early in the draft. My best guess is Bradford, hope Im wrong though because I believe Bradford will be a stud if given the right protection because he is fragile. I'd be very, very surprised and ecstatic if we got anything higher than a 5th for Thigpen.

When Claussen and Bradford are gone before they select Thigpen may look alot better then the next few options.

Re-sign

C.Pennington QB
A.Fasano TE
D.Bess WR
J.Taylor OLB
N.Jones CB

Cuts

J.Porter OLB 4.8mil
R.Torbor ILB 4mil
A.Ayodele ILB 4mil

FA

K.Dansby ILB - A must have to get this defense fix, a play making ILB something we haven't had for what seems like forever.

J.Peppers OLB - This one won't be high on alot of peoples lists of FA but I think that actual list will be a small one and not to many teams will being willing to spend good money this offseason. Peppers gives us a freak athlete coming off the edge with something to prove.

Trade

J.Smiley OG
G.Cam WR
6th

Draft

1(12) D.Bryant WR - We get that #1 we've always wanted to help Henne out.

Trade 2(36), 2(43), 6th and W.Allen CB to Arizona for 1(26)

Arizona has a few holes to fill on defense and one is a CB opposite D.Cromartie after McFadden failed badly.

1(26) T.Cody NT - Big man in the middle to shut down the run and occasionally colapse the pocket. Rotates with Solai but equates to good value being selected in the latter half of the 1st.

3(72) J.Veldheer OT - 6'9 321 an absolute monster RT that's pretty athletic, starter all 4 years which is a big plus in our FO's eyes.

3(73) M.Johnson ILB - Competes with D.Johnson for the other starting ILB position. Great athlete, great size, will make everyone thank the FO for trading Crowder.

4(107) K.Misi OLB - Under the radar OLB that was extremely impressive at the Senior Bowl. He gets to learn from Peppers and Taylor while getting some limited reps just like Wake did last year.

5 A.Quarless TE - An excellent athletic TE that can stretch the field and has great hands. Excelled at the Senior Bowl and has cleaned up his act, Quarless is great value in the 5th round.

6. A.Moats OLB 6'2 250 4.6/40 Division 1AA 1st Team All-American 23.5 TFL and 11 Sacks. Possibly a PS player that has huge upside if developed properly which seems to be the way of our CS.

7. E.Cook C 6'6 315 Massive Center that only gave up 1 sack all year, PS kid to develope for a couple years.

Roster

QB - C.Henne, C.Pennington, P.White
RB - R.Brown, R.Williams, P.Cobbs, L.Hillard
FB - L.Polite
TE - A.Fasano, A.Quarless, K.Sperry
WR - D.Bryant, B.Hartline, D.Bess, T.Ginn, P.Turner
OT - J.Long, J.Veldheer, N.Garner
OG - D.Thomas, V.Carey
C - J.Groves, J.Berger

DE - K.Langford, R.Starks, P.Merling, T.McDaniel
NT - T.Cody, P.Solai
OLB - C.Wake, J.Peppers, J.Taylor, K.Misi, C.Anderson
ILB - K.Dansby, M.Johnson, D.Johnson
SS - Y.Bell, T.Culver
FS - G.Wilson, C.Clemons
CB - V.Davis, S.Smith, N.Jones, J.Allen

I truely believe the FO/CS gives G.Wilson another shot to keep his starting FS spot with C.Clemons nipping at his heals if he falters at all. M.Nolan is the biggest offseason move and giving him hungry talent to play with makes our defense a feared one to play against. Peppers may be a controversial FA pick up but he will dominate in this defense with M.Nolan ringing up the blitz from everywhere and anywhere. Just imagine Wake and Peppers coming off the edges in this pass happy league!

D.Bryant gives Henne an extremely reliable WR to play opposite B.Hartline who I think has a great year. Moving J.Smiley gives us a great duo on the left side with Carey and Long beating down on DL-men in our run game. Quarless gives us that down field threat that we missed last year when D.Martin was let go.

I believe the KC trade and the Arizona trade offers real value on both sides allowing the potential to happen. Even if we couldn't do the Arizona one we could still get C.Thomas NT in the 2nd as a back up plan.

Solid!

But can you trade away Ronnie, Ginn and Porter for more picks too?

Sorry dude, but if we go into this season with Bell and Wilson as starting Safeties, then we are asking for trouble. I know you think Clemons could challenge either one for the FS role, but at this point I not convinced of Clemons and if he doesn't make the step up,we are again left without a true Free Safety and will continue to get exposed by good passing teams.

Its to much of a risk for me to leave the Safety position as it is.

I like the plan, but, I think it would be downright irresponsible to keep Gibril Wilson at Safety...and, Cody might be there with our theoretical 1st 2nd rounder, if not, grab the best NT still available for us...but 2 2nds is too damn sweet to move up for a player that might drop...

Any offseason plan that includes keeping Gibril Wilson is not a good one.
i agree,no way in hell i keep Wilson as our starting FS...i'd try and trade him for a draft pick or just outright cut him and admit you messed up...

Back
Top Bottom