Answer the question please? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Answer the question please?

Wacker13

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
To anyone thinking that the Dolphins will take defense with the 1st round pick. Please expolain your logic to me. Since Marino left we have had a stuggling Offense. Our defense has gotten better. Our needs seem to be mainly on offense. Why do you think we'll take a defensive player at the #9 pick?

To anyone thinking that the Dolphins will take defense with the 1st round pick. Please expolain your logic to me. Since Marino left we have had a stuggling Offense. Our defense has gotten better. Our needs seem to be mainly on offense. Why do you think we'll take a defensive player at the #9 pick?

Because more than likely all of the offensive players worth the 9th overall pick will be gone. That is not to say that Miami will not focus the draft towards the offensive end, there are just only a few warranting the 9th overall. And why not draft defense in the 1st? Miami probably still has one of the oldest defenses in the league. Bring in a young guy to learn from these savvy vets to continue the recent tradition of great defensive play.

The defense makes this team. We cannot continue to take for granted the play of Jason and Zach. They are old by NFL standards and will only get older. Hell, Taylor contemplated retirement last year. He continues to deal with back issues. Zach is getting slower by the day, but only continues to play at a high level because of his smarts. I do not know if you've noticed, but Zach missed more tackles last year than I have ever witnessed. This defense needs to get younger like yesterday.

If the best player availalbe when we pick plays defense, and Mueller doesnt see good value from an offensive player at 9, we'd pick defense.

But we need the help at offense. If there is no good offensive player at #9 trade down get more picks. That way we can take more offensive and defenive players.

Its a little known but commonly used theory called BPA(BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE).

It defies all logic and laws of nature, but has saved many an NFL GM from unemployment.

But we need the help at offense. If there is no good offensive player at #9 trade down get more picks. That way we can take more offensive and defenive players.

Yes yes, I see the logic in your madness, even if we must do it by force.

I know BPA. But I looked at alot of mock drafts. People have us passing on Levi Brown, Tedd Ginn, and one that had us even pass on Calvin Johnson. I agree if the offensive player isn't there and we can't get more picks take the BPA. Otherwise Offense needs help.

I am not going to question what Mueller does, but I do not think Miami trades down. In fact, I will almost guarantee it. I do, however, think it is more likely that Miami trades up for Brady Quinn.

But again, if they stay at 9, I think all of the offensive players warranting the 9th overall are gone. Defense is the way to go if they stay.

I know BPA. But I looked at alot of mock drafts. People have us passing on Levi Brown, Tedd Ginn, and one that had us even pass on Calvin Johnson. I agree if the offensive player isn't there and we can't get more picks take the BPA. Otherwise Offense needs help.

I'd just like to ask which draft had us passing on Calvin Johnson? Is this one were we move up to #1 and decide to go with a QB? Because any mock draft that has calvin going past the vikings is just crazy, IMO.

Building for the future on the defensive end this year does not make much sense to me personally, we already have young interior D lineman waiting in the wings, let us see what they can do before we trade more. Zach is 2-3 years from retiring and middle linbacker isn't like quaterback, you don't exactly need to groom the player for a few years, besides we have crowder who has shown that he will probly be a great player in this league one day and can take over zach's position. As for JT he has around as many years to retirment as Zach and we have a good young pass rusher in Matt Roth. And as for depth you can get that later in the draft if its really that much of a concern.

Trading down is a lot easier said than done. And it isnt like a stud defensive player wouldnt help our team.

It's not as simple as just 'trading down'. You have to have a trade partner. And that partner has to offer what the pick is worth. It's very possible that nobody will want to trade into the #9 slot.

If we're stuck at the #9 pick and the only players worthy of the pick are defensive, which is very likely to be the case, you pick defense.

It's not as if we don't have holes to fill there. So we wouldn't be wasting the pick.

I personally would pass on Brown at #9. He ain't worth the pick IMHO.

I would rather move up and get CJ or Quinn. We know that the Lions are looking for a trade partner. We have ignored Offense long enough.

As good as our defense is it gets burnt out from to much time on the field. We need an offense that can control the ball for long drives.

Back
Top Bottom