Anthony Fasano-We really need to lock him up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony Fasano-We really need to lock him up

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I think the article is correct in saying he is not in the upper echelons yet, but he is driving on the road to that place. Couple that with the fact that every team that Parcells has been associated with has had a TE in a prominent offensive role. I think it would be wise to get this kid's contract ironed out sooner than later.
Anthony Fasano isn't Mark Bavaro. Not yet anyway.
But of all the talented tight ends under contract to the Miami Dolphins, Fasano is the one who seems best-positioned to make the leap to the upper echelon at his position.
He more than doubled his previous career high for receptions in a season with 34 last year. His seven TD catches were the most on the AFC East champions, and that total matched the franchise mark of Keith Jackson (1994) for most by a tight end.
So as Fasano, 25, enters the final year of a contract that will pay him $535,000 this season, it's a little surprising to hear through an NFL source that no talks regarding an extension have taken place.
The Dolphins haven't approached Fasano's people, and Fasano's people haven't broached the subject on their end. Apparently, both sides are content with seeing how this year works out.
It's a calculated risk on both sides, of course. If 2010 is played as an uncapped year, as is looking more and more possible, Fasano would have to wait another year beyond this season to reach free agency. From the Dolphins' perspective, should a new labor agreement be forged in time to keep the salary cap in place for 2010, Fasano could get really expensive should he build on his breakthrough year.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...miami-dolphins-what-about-anthony-fasano.html

Whats the rush? The Dolphins still have draft picks to sign....and Fasano is under contract.

Whats the rush? The Dolphins still have draft picks to sign....and Fasano is under contract.

Agreed. Plus I'd like to see if last year was an anomaly, or if he can actually improve on his performance.

This is way off topic...but I can't get my sig to work. Can someone please help? I tried the questions and answers forum but none of that helped.

It would be great to get him signed. I am a fan of his play. But I must agree, there is no urgency right now.

I hope we sign Fasano to a long-term deal. I really do think he's a special player, not just based upon last year's performance, but I watched every game he played in at Notre Dame and he was and is a playmaker who will just get better and better.

He needs to be resigned. I was watching some highlights on nfl.com from last year and he just shows what great tight ends have. Hands, TOUGHNESS, Smarts, Discipline. If he has another good year, He will pass Mcmichael as the best TE in the last decade

I believe he will be resigned in due time. I think our FO knows the importance of having a great blocking TE who helps both the running game and picking up the blitz, as well as a receiving TE who can make big plays over the middle and more importantly in the red zone. However, there are more important negotiations going on right now with our draft picks.

Back
Top Bottom