Anthony Richardson! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony Richardson!

I used to feel the same way about accuracy issues

I do not support rolling the dice on high risk quarterbacks. I believe in drafting a good quarterback with low risk, one who has already mastered the craft. and giving him his rookie-contract window. And in this draft class there are such quarterbacks.

I do not support rolling the dice on high risk quarterbacks. I believe in drafting a good quarterback with low risk, one who has already mastered the craft. and giving him his rookie-contract window. And in this draft class there are such quarterbacks.
If you are picking high absolutely. Those type of players used to be middle round gambles. But now everyone is looking for the next Josh Allen or Jalen Hurts.

Not me. I have four QBs and that's it: Rising, Mordecai, Hooker, and DTR. Not interested in anyone else.
Any Brock Purdy types? I know that's always difficult to answer. Sometimes it's a matter of what system/coaches these quarterbacks end up with.

If he makes it to round two, absolutely take a chance.

After watching Josh Allen develop, I don't think accuracy issues are as huge to overcome.

How many QBs, in the history of the draft have overcome an accuracy issue? Vs how many have never developed to be an NFL QB?

Especially when it’s that bad.

How many QBs, in the history of the draft have overcome an accuracy issue? Vs how many have never developed to be an NFL QB?

Especially when it’s that bad.
Josh Allen is the only one that comes to mind. First year, he was missing wide open receivers every game. He is still more comfortable when he is running the ball, but what an amazing transformation.

Others have improved, but I can't recall any as dramatically as Allen.

Any Brock Purdy types? I know that's always difficult to answer. Sometimes it's a matter of what system/coaches these quarterbacks end up with.

I am not a fan of Brock Purdy, I would not draft him. He did not grade as a QB who has high likelihood to take the team to SB on rookie contract. He did not match other QBs who have done it.
As far as the system, if they have the athletic ability, arm, and have had excellent production in college, mastered the craft, they can play in any passing system. But the key is, they have good likelihood to take the team to SB on rookie contract and we can give them the reigns of the offense immediately, day 1. Those QBs for me in this draft are Hooker, Mordecai, Rising and DTR. That's the prism I use.

Josh Allen was always going to be good.

One of the few QB's without much doubt.

The idea that he sucked as a rookie was because...he was a rookie.

I think Kiper had him as the #1. Like the Chargers, Bills are set at QB.

I am not a fan of Brock Purdy, I would not draft him. He did not grade as a QB who has high likelihood to take the team to SB on rookie contract. He did not match other QBs who have done it.
As far as the system, if they have the athletic ability, arm, and have had excellent production in college, mastered the craft, they can play in any passing system. But the key is, they have good likelihood to take the team to SB on rookie contract and we can give them the reigns of the offense immediately, day 1. Those QBs for me in this draft are Hooker, Mordecai, Rising and DTR. That's the prism I use.
Who were the guys that met your criteria the last 2 years?

Who were the guys that met your criteria the last 2 years?

I liked only Hendon Hooker last year but he did not come out. Then since I was ranking QBs, i made adjustments to have a board and I had only Dez Ridder and Kenny Pickett as draftable quarterbacks of interest, both were borderline, and Malik Willis as a late rounds flyer, he did not meet the criteria but on athletic ability and lack of good quarterbacks I added him to interest.
In 2021, I had Lawrence as #1, and then second roundish Trask, Fields, and Jones but the last three did not meet the criteria, I just threw them in their based on some other things, for example Jones won the NCG, Fields had athletic ability, but production wise they did not meet the criteria, they were risky,

Not crazy about him but he could be a grand slam as I never thought much about Hurts , but look at him now.

Mordecai transferred to Wisconsin and wont be in the draft.

None of the QB’s in this class are in Anthony Richardson’s zip code as a prospect.

The only kid that was comparable in terms of arm talent was Michael Penix and he’s staying at Washington for another season. He knows they’ll be a threat to win the PAC-12 and have a shot at the playoff next year. All his receivers are coming back with him.

None of the QB’s in this class are in Anthony Richardson’s zip code as a prospect.

Then how come he did not do better than 54% completion percentage, how come he had 9 interceptions on 17 touchdowns? Is that what you would call a great prospect? Based on what? Your beliefs?

You do know you shat on Herbert who had 67% completion percentage, 32 TDs and 6 Ints, so the question is where do you pull your evaluations from?

Then how come he did not do better than 54% completion percentage, how come he had 9 interceptions on 17 touchdowns? Is that what you would call a great prospect? Based on what? Your beliefs?

You do know you shat on Herbert who had 67% completion percentage, 32 TDs and 6 Ints, so the question is where do you pull your evaluations from?

I pull mine from a place that works. Unlike you trying to insinuate that J.T. Barrett and Logan Woodside were #1 overall pick worthy.

I rarely miss - and when I do it’s not by more than 2 degrees of separation. For example, a player that I believe is average may end up above average or below average. But he won’t be great, and he won’t be terrible. It ain’t gonna happen. I don’t miss by that much.

A player that I believe is going to be great, won’t be worse than above average. A player that I believe is not a good prospect at all, won’t be better than below average.

You miss wildly. Like complete whiffs off the planet. Over and over and over again. You’re comparing apples and oranges.

Has Herbert even thrown a TD pass this month? I know it’s been a few weeks at least. In the big picture, he’s above average. Right where I believed he would be.

You’re rarely the same quarterback at age 25 that you are at age 20 when you’re as young, talented, and inexperienced as Anthony Richardson is. He won’t be either.

If you’re going to go down in the NFL - and make no mistake, every coach and GM in the NFL goes down - you go down betting on guys like Anthony Richardson.

You don’t go down betting on guys like Tanner Mordecai.

Richardson’s talent level is in the realm of Mahomes and Josh Allen. A top 3 QB in the league.

Anybody can evaluate box score stats. That’s not a talent evaluator. That’s an accountant.

Back
Top Bottom