Anti-Climax?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anti-Climax??

RonMexico7

Starter
Reaction score
I know that getting your pick signed before the draft is the best for the franchise and avoids the whole russell/raiders last yr thing, but as a fan i love the excitement of your team about to anounce their pick!!! and now this year i gotta wait till the 2nd round!!:boohoo:

Well, all I can say is that this is the product of having the worst record in the NFL in the season prior to the draft. Every fan of the teams picking #1 have the excitement taken away.

So I would blame your feelings of being un-excited on the 2007 Miami Dolphins rather than blaming it on Ireland and Sparano.

So what if you lose out on some excitement on Draft Day? I would rather have the first overall draft pick signed 4 days before the Draft versus having to wait 4 days after Training Camp.

I know that getting your pick signed before the draft is the best for the franchise and avoids the whole russell/raiders last yr thing, but as a fan i love the excitement of your team about to anounce their pick!!! and now this year i gotta wait till the 2nd round!!:boohoo:

Well you will still hear them say "The Miami Dolphins select" . . . but we just know the outcome.

Would be funny if somehow there was a draft day trade clause in his contract . . . and the trade card comes out . . . nah it wouldn't be funny because I liked Jake from the beginning and I am glad he is on the team . . . but I would still watch the draft just to make sure.

So what if you lose out on some excitement on Draft Day? I would rather have the first overall draft pick signed 4 days before the Draft versus having to wait 4 days after Training Camp.

did you read the post dude? cos you just repeated what i said but seem to be against me?

I still think there is sufficient suspense, and we have a great pick in the bag.

1) JT's potential trade, giving us possibly 3 more first day picks after Long.

2) Will the Dolphins move up from 32 for somebody?

3) First pick of the second day (Round 3), what offers will we get?, who will still be there?

I'm stoked!

yeah admittedly I think the thing on everybodys mind now is... will Jason + our 32nd pick net us a pick in the top 15 + an extra 3rd or 4th?

A little anti-climatic, sure but I'm sure both ESPN & NFL Network will put up a nice intro package with Jake and his signing. Hope to get some interviews with JL , Sparano and Ireland and maybe even Parcells will speak.

yeah admittedly I think the thing on everybodys mind now is... will Jason + our 32nd pick net us a pick in the top 15 + an extra 3rd or 4th?

Who do you think they target if they go up that high?

Not if we trade up into the bottom of the 1st round (via a JT trade) :up:

But I know what you mean - that excitement is now pretty much gone.

The draft will still be fun to watch. Mario Williams was announced as the first pick ahead of time for the Texans a few years back, over Reggie Bush, who went to the Saints. I am happy we got Long and it won't ruin the draft for me. I am looking forward to our pick at 32.

Im happy because we got the guy I wanted. No stress, no fuss, I can wake up Saturday, watch Jake walk across the stage and hold up his Dolphins jersey, and then sit back and enjoy the rest of the ride. I love all of draft weekend, and I am still stoked. Also, I think we'll be dealing JT, so the 2nd round will be a blast.

I still think there is sufficient suspense, and we have a great pick in the bag.

1) JT's potential trade, giving us possibly 3 more first day picks after Long.

2) Will the Dolphins move up from 32 for somebody?

3) First pick of the second day (Round 3), what offers will we get?, who will still be there?

I'm stoked!

Yeah it was a bit of a downer but I wonder if getting Long signed cleared all their time for handling the real wheeling and dealing to come. Parcells has what, 4 years on his contract? If he wants the biggest bang by the end of that 4 years this draft class is the roots to do it. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Dolphins invest more than we might expect, even from future drafts, to get bodies in now.

Or a month or two into the season....

did you read the post dude? cos you just repeated what i said but seem to be against me?

I did read your original post. Just because we know who our pick is going to be, shouldn't take away from the excitement of the moment. I'm stoked for Draft Day! I'm still going to be cheering and clapping on Saturday as much as I was yesterday.

With the first selection in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select... Offensive Tackle, Jake Long, University of Michigan.

Hearing those words are still going to feel good. Plus, there is the potential of a Jason Taylor trade being announced in the first round, plus there's a lot of intrigue surrounding that 32nd pick. Anti-Climatic? I beg to differ.

Back
Top Bottom