Any 1 here like Eric Norwood??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any 1 here like Eric Norwood???

uga3406

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I gotta be honest and tell ya, i love this kid. I have always loved watching him play. He is a great playmaker. I am surprised no one has mentioned him. What is everyones thoughts about him being a dolphin. Could you imagine drafting McClain and then Norwood in the 2nd? Wow that would be awesome. Well just thought I see where every 1 stands on him.

I watched him when my Huskies destroyed the ****s. haha. He was by far the brightest star in that game, other than Andre Dixon. He was constantly near the ball, making tackles, directing the D. Would be a great 2nd round pick along with Graham from michigan.

He's the sort of playmaker we need on the inside, dont know what his hit and shed technique is like or taking on interior linemen head on but I do like his speed, hustle and playmaking ability.

Only saw 2 games of his and I liked what I saw. I would have to go watch more film on him but I liked what I saw in the bowl game for sure

any 1 think if McClain is taken in the 1st by miami that Norwood would be a good pick by the team in the 2nd rd or at least see it happening

Dude's a beast. I'd like to see him develop as an ILB personally (the thought of him and McClain manning the middle of our 3-4 for the next decade sends tingles down my spine).

Every time I catch a SC football game he stands out. I'd like to see him get better in coverage, but I can't think of any other knock on him.

the knock would be size...check that...height

i like him...but i think you're making a mistake moving that guy inside as good a pass rusher as he is...

do i like him enough for pick #43??? too early to say but i do right now think he comes off in the #40-70 range

i also like that he's battle tested in the sec...

I am a S.C. fan and have watched Norwood for four years! He was a DE his first two years, then switched to LB the last two! He is a play maker and always around the ball. He's quick but not very fast. I think he would struggle as a NFL LB. His instincts lead to too many bad angles and he just doesn't have the top speed to close ground! I would Trade up and take McClain and wait on Norwood in RD.3 if he is there. Not worth a 2and!

I am a S.C. fan and have watched Norwood for four years! He was a DE his first two years, then switched to LB the last two! He is a play maker and always around the ball. He's quick but not very fast. I think he would struggle as a NFL LB. His instincts lead to too many bad angles and he just doesn't have the top speed to close ground! I would Trade up and take McClain and wait on Norwood in RD.3 if he is there. Not worth a 2and!

One thing this team needs is fast linebackers, your thoughts on him are intersting. I always thought of him as a linebacker who had enough speed to get by but if what u r saying maybe he would be a better pick in the 3rd rd not 2nd.

i would not mind it at all to have us draft eric norwood with our second selection, as long as we take care of our wr corp with free agency. he seems to always to be around the ball and has a knack for making the big play and that is something you just cannot teach. not to mention, that an improved pass rush makes our pass defense that much better.

Can or will Parcells make exceptions to "his type of player height wise" ????

Eric Norwood will be a STUD at ILB in the NFL.

I seem to recall in the 2007 season once Jasper Brinkley went down with an ACL injury Norwood filled in at ILB and was lights out for the remainder of that season regardless of what S.Carolina's record indicated.

If Parcells were to select him along with another ILB in the upcoming draft AFC EAST BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID!!!

i'm a big norwood fan - had him in round 3 of my mock. really good repertoire of pass rush moves. plays with a ton of intensity as well. he'd be a nice addition.

i really like him to, i wouldnt mind picking him in the 2nd. hes not going to be there in the 3rd and hes a guy that is a 2nd round value imo.

i really like him to, i wouldnt mind picking him in the 2nd. hes not going to be there in the 3rd and hes a guy that is a 2nd round value imo.

just the ideal of him being on miami gives me tingles down my side :hump:

I think you guys will back off him when he posts a 4.8 or 4.9 at the combine. He may run a 4.7 but I doubt it. I say close to 4.9 from watching him, but I could be wrong. He is a play maker for sure, no matter what he runs!

Back
Top Bottom