Any chance Atlanta moves up for Ryan? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any chance Atlanta moves up for Ryan?

Dolfansal

Starter
Reaction score
Now with the 34th pick maybe they can send us #3 & #34 for #1.

I would do it in a heartbeat!!

Why would they want to move up for Ryan? They have just as many holes to fill as we do. They cannot afford to be giving away draft picks for a player unless they are convinced he is head and shoulders the best player in the draft.

No

No they don't have to and if they do they would trade with the Rams cause IMHO I really don't think the PHINS` are taking Ryan!

Only if we actually take Ryan and even then it's not a sure thing.

Maybe we do take Ryan and then make the trade. Remember the Eli deal?

Maybe we do take Ryan and then make the trade. Remember the Eli deal?
Two totally different situations. If we do take Ryan and then trade him, that deal would have already been made BEFORE we actually drafted him.

This is strictly opinion and is not meant to be interpreted as anything but:

That said, I don't believe there is any way Atlanta trades up for Ryan. The Rams aren't a threat to take him, which leaves only us. We also have no intention of taking Ryan (personal opinion) and so Atlanta would be crazy to give anything up to leapfrog two teams that will not take the guy they want.

What's that you say? We could select Ryan and trade him? That is possible, and it could work. However I don't like that strategy, especially if you aren't 100% sold on him as a franchise QB. You run the risk of Atlanta backing down and forcing us to keep him, which I see as possible if we ask for too much, and/or they don't feel there is a large margin of difference between Ryan and the next best QB who can be found in the second round most likely.

The only way I could see this happening is if a bidding war starts where Atlanta feels like they HAVE to move up and take Ryan in order to stop another team from doing the same and stealing their guy, but even that seems unlikely to me.

IMO We are stuck at #1 overall, which upsets me slightly because I dont think any of the top guys are worth that money, this year or any, but especially this.

There is some buzz around that ATL will pass on Ryan at #3 (for Dorsey).

Matt Ryan will be at #3 any ways so i dont see them moving up to get him if he isnt there because we take him they would probly go with DE Chris Long

The Atlanta Journal-Consitution believes the Falcons are likely to take a quarterback in round two, not with the No. 3 overall pick.
Chad Henne, Joe Flacco, Josh Johnson, and Brian Brohm are mentioned as as second-round possibilities. If the Dolphins don't take Matt Ryan at No. 1, the Tom Condon client could be in for a draft-day fall. Still, with Baltimore choosing eighth, it shouldn't resemble Brady Quinn or Aaron Rodgers'.
http://www.ajc.com/services/content...falcons_0316.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=21

Heres the story that says Atlanta won't take Ryan and I'm pretty sure they won't and the most likely will not trade their pick. They'd take Jake Long if available then a DT if Long is not available.

Atlanta just traded Hall to the Raiders, for the Raiders 2nd round pick, number 34.... Now why would they do that? The can now use their 2nd rounder and their first to move up and grad Ryan...and still have a 2nd rounder.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3295344

I think its more because they're moving to a cover 2 and dont need a shutdown corner who is unhappy at being there

Back
Top Bottom