Any chance of us drafting Gholston 1st? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any chance of us drafting Gholston 1st?

Ryder

Rookie
Reaction score
It's obvious we need a new DE/OLB. The 2 best are Long and Gholston.
Gholston offers speed and force, but Long offer 100% every play.
Who would YOU rather we draft? Gholston or Long?

I'll take Long over Gholston any day of the week. but with JT and JP at OLB, I can't agree with the statement of an "obvious need" of DE/OLB.

Gholston may be the better pass rusher, but Long is a much more complete player overall. He is much better against the run, and is a factor on almost every play, whereas Gholston has a tendency to disappear at times. I would be very surprised if we picked somebody other than Chris or Jake Long on draft day.

Everyone keeps saying that DE/OLB isn't a need...I don't get it. Were we not dead last in stopping the run last year? Nobody on the front seven should be guaranteed a starting spot. Jason Taylor is not the same player that he was two years ago when he was MVP, yes he is still very good though. If anyone thinks that there is no chance that he is traded simply because Parcells said he will be a dolphin or retired, stop being so naive, you better believe Parcells will pull that trigger if the price is right. Porter was a big disappointment last year, regardless if he was playing out of position or not. The rest of our front seven is comprised of aging vets or unproven youngsters...you are foolish if you truly believe we are set at DE/OLB.

maybe it's a matter of semantics, but to me there at least a half-dozen positions that have a more "obvious need" than OLB on this team. yes Taylor and Porter are on the wrong side of 30, but they are still very good players.

Back
Top Bottom