Any chance we could trade out of the #1 pick with Green Bay? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any chance we could trade out of the #1 pick with Green Bay?

DolfanAdam

Scout Team
Reaction score
With the massive loss of Favre today, I'm sure the first thought on GB's minds is to find the next franchise QB. Not that I think that person is in the 2008 draft but suppose they think he is, any chance we could get out of the #1 with this oppurtinuty and pick up some guys to fill out our line?

They are high on Aaron Rodgers after the way he came in for relief last year. They wont be drafting a QB high this year.

Yeah, I think Green Bay may consider drafting a QB, but I don't think it'll be in the first or second round. They are going to see if Aaron Rodgers has it.

Yeah, Aaron Rodgers is the guy in GB now. He is probably the only person on this planet that is happy about Bretts decision to retire. He is capable of filling in quite nicely. They will probably look to get a QB but no way they trade up to #1 to get one.

The Packers seem to be kind of a chintzy organization, and they usually don't want to overspend.....I can't see them wanting to move up, and they really don't have anything they could deal to us to move up unless they want to give up multiple draft picks.

I don't know, I mean trying to replace Favre is like trying to replace Marino. I just don't see someone they've had sitting on the back burner for 3 years gonna be able to cut it for the GB die hard fans. I think they are going to have to bring in a rookie and groom him to be their new QB.

For what it's worth I was listening to Jim Rome today on the radio and he had Jay Glazer on. Jay said that the packers organization really, really likes Rodgers and they feel that he will become a great QB.

They seem pretty convinced he is thier qb of future.

Rogers came in during the Dallas game last year and the team never missed a beat. They aren't going to trade with us and draft Matt Ryan because they would have to pay him #1 overall money. When you pay a QB #1 overall money, he had better be starting. Matt Ryan isn't a better QB than Aaron Rodgers, so they won't be willing to pay him more than Rodgers if he's going to be sitting on the bench. It would be a waste of money.

Rodgers stays and so does our Pick. I wonder if Green Bay picks up Culpepper as a backup?

I don't know, I mean trying to replace Favre is like trying to replace Marino. I just don't see someone they've had sitting on the back burner for 3 years gonna be able to cut it for the GB die hard fans. I think they are going to have to bring in a rookie and groom him to be their new QB.

So your saying it will be easier for a rookie than Rogers who learned from Farve for three years :unsure:

From everything I've heard/read the Packers organization seem to have faith in Rodgers. If he's healthy, he's starting.....for now. I could however see them look into a rook in the mid-later rounds if for nothing else added depth to the position. They also have an extra 2nd round pick which could come in handy if they start to have any doubts however.

I've heard Atlanta as the most likely trading partner for the #1 spot, with Baltimore and maybe KC as possible long shots. Not only would all three probably have more desire to move to take Ryan #1 than GB, they would have more ammunition to do so.

Back
Top Bottom