Any chance we could trade out of the #1 pick with Green Bay? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any chance we could trade out of the #1 pick with Green Bay?

I don't know, I mean trying to replace Favre is like trying to replace Marino. I just don't see someone they've had sitting on the back burner for 3 years gonna be able to cut it for the GB die hard fans. I think they are going to have to bring in a rookie and groom him to be their new QB.

Thats precisely what they did with Rogers, he was supposed to go #1 overall, he slid and they got him, and he learned behind Favre all this time, why would they start the process all over again?

Correct me if I'm wrong but Rodgers actually played solid when he filled in for Favre.

i agree with some of you who say that if GB does get a QB,it'll be in the mid to later rounds of the draft.Aaron Rogers has learned from Brett for a few years now,and has learned their system,so he'll be their QB next season,unless something happens and he gets hurt or whatever. the few Packers games i did see this past season where he came in to sub for Brett for a few series or so,they never missed a beat,so he'll be their QB.

I don't know, I mean trying to replace Favre is like trying to replace Marino. I just don't see someone they've had sitting on the back burner for 3 years gonna be able to cut it for the GB die hard fans. I think they are going to have to bring in a rookie and groom him to be their new QB.

Dude, that's exactly what Rodgers was groomed to be. Your logic doesn't make ANY sense on ANY level. Aaron Rodgers is going to be a good qb. He's had 3 years to learn the offense. I expect him to have a good year.He played pretty good in relief of Brett.

Aaron Rodgers is significantly underrated. I thought he was the better quarterback prospect when he came out. Strong arm, good accuracy, great pocket presence, excellent toughness.

He got knocked unfairly by the Tedford offense stigma that was strong at that time.

So your saying it will be easier for a rookie than Rogers who learned from Farve for three years :unsure:
Thats precisely what they did with Rogers, he was supposed to go #1 overall, he slid and they got him, and he learned behind Favre all this time, why would they start the process all over again?
Dude, that's exactly what Rodgers was groomed to be. Your logic doesn't make ANY sense on ANY level. Aaron Rodgers is going to be a good qb. He's had 3 years to learn the offense. I expect him to have a good year.He played pretty good in relief of Brett.

To the three of you I'd like to bring up Damon Huard...he had FOUR years to study under the best and when given opportunities didn't produce for us and lost his job to Fiedler, then he went and deflected to the Patriots (where we all know he was a huge star). So do I thnk that because Rodgers has had 3 seasons to watch Favre play it means he's a franchise QB most defnitely not! He has seen very limited game time, and really only time will tell if he ammounts to anything for GB. I don't think there's anything wrong with giving him a chance but to assume they already have the next Favre in their posession would be a little naive on their part, and to have (if nothing else) a really solid backup QB would definitely be in their best interests.

I thought Rodgers looked better then Farve when he came into the Comboys game and that was a ton of pressure

Back
Top Bottom