Any chance we get Matt Birk? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any chance we get Matt Birk?

dolphan117

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
He is out for the year with surgury and he is a 4 time pro bowlers. After reading this article
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/michael_silver/10/20/silver1020/index.html
I doubt he will want to stay in Minnesota. I guess the big question is how his recovery goes. In the middle of the article he says he likes their owner and wants to play for him, but if the madness coninues....
We would have the cap space to get him especialy since he will be coming back from surgury and might come at a reduced price. Thoughts?

Seems to be a very intelligent guy, something this team could use on the field, and he obviously has the resume. He'll probably command a lot of money, but then again he's coming off surgery and plays a position we're likely to splurge on. I don't know how realistic it is, but I'd love to add a 4-time Pro Bowler to our line.

Teams don't let players the calibur of Birk go.

That said, if the Vikings are idiots enough to let it happen, the Dolphins better pounce on that mistake.

Jimmy James said:
Teams don't let players the calibur of Birk go.

That said, if the Vikings are idiots enough to let it happen, the Dolphins better pounce on that mistake.

What I wonder about is how Matt feels about the team. He offered to play out this season hurt as long as they guaranteed his contract for next year. The team said no. If I was a player offering to play hurt just to help the team,(instead of just siting down, having surgury and picking up my paycheck) and the team told me to sit I would be quite upset. He says in the article that he has wanted to retire as a Viking but recently he has been thinking about leaving. He seems to like the new owner though so it probably depends some on what happens with coaching this offseason.

Back
Top Bottom