Any Clemson fans? Ricky Sapp? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Clemson fans? Ricky Sapp?

I cant post URLS due to a low post count but its in his player bio on cbssports, slash nfl, slash draft, slash players, slash 1130512.

I hope you can put it together.

Its under intangibles on the analysis table, Ill quote it.

"Three-year South Carolina regional champion in the 100 meter (10.76), 200 meter (21.0), and 4x100 meter relay in high school."

Thanks I used Wikipedia and didn't find that nugget. Found other stuff, but not that one thanks man. :up:

I cant post URLS due to a low post count but its in his player bio on cbssports, slash nfl, slash draft, slash players, slash 1130512.

I hope you can put it together.

Its under intangibles on the analysis table, Ill quote it.

"Three-year South Carolina regional champion in the 100 meter (10.76), 200 meter (21.0), and 4x100 meter relay in high school."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1130512

Here you go.

Phillip Merling should be able to provide Ireland with valuable info on this kid...

Pros: Ricky Sapp possesses top-notch speed and an electrifying first step. Whereas speed is his best attribute, he needs to add more dimensions to his game in order to be an every-down player in the NFL.
Cons: Sapp has bulked up some since he arrived at Clemson in 2006, but he will need to stay in the weight room in order to help his agility and strength catch up with his motor. He has some hurdles to overcome in the conditioning department too, as injuries hampered his junior season.
Skinny: Considered undersized by many NFL personnel; Sapp makes up for it with his athleticism and quick burst of speed off the snap of the ball. At 6’4 and 245 pounds, Sapp can add some more bulk as well as strength. Right now Sapp is also pretty one-dimensional in his pass rush and his straight line speed and his initial burst to beat tackles off the line of scrimmage. He will certainly need to show an expanded repertoire during his final season in the orange and purple. As a junior, Sapp registered 28 total tackles, 10 tackles for loss and two sacks. If he does show that he can add some bulk and strength then he will be a better overall defensive end that can not only rush the passer with speed, but take on the run and use some other pass rushing moves.
Projection: Sapp could be used in a 3-4 defense as an outside linebacker, but his best bet would be to add the bulk and play in a 4-3 at the next level. Most scouts feel Sapp will be taken somewhere around the 2nd-3rd round-range.
http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players/List/2010-Big-Board/Ricky-Sapp.html

When people state that he had 2 sacks in 2008, they never actually mention that the defense got 14 sacks total. Thats one reason they have a new DC.

Back
Top Bottom