Any info on Herman Johnson from LSU? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any info on Herman Johnson from LSU?

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
The guy is MASSIVE...Listed at 6'7, 386 pounds! and supposedly he can play too.. He's an OG who can move to RT if needed according to nfldraftcountdown.com

Is he any good? Im reading he'd be perfect for a power run game.. thats the Dolphins right there! and we need some serious mass in the interior of our OL so he'd be a huge pickup (literally)

A road grater! also long arms and excellent punch...I predict that since someone his size doesn't come along every day that he goes much higher than 5th OG taken. One other note...he has played every down most of last 2 years and has not had any significant injuries....and even at 390 you can watch him pulling and getting out in front on run plays (doesn't quit)
Negatives- a)takes some plays off b)can get turned but recovers well.

I'll be watching him during the combine cause I am still a bit skeptical of him as a right tackle.

But if he does well and Carey isn't resigned, Johnson and Loadholt look like targets.

He's a huge guy, weighing 411 as an incoming freshman to LSU. He isn't athletic enough to play T, and he uses poor leverage at G. This enables DTs to drive him into the backfield, which isn't the ideal place for a 350lb lineman to be. That's why he isn't a surefire 1st round pick. His size and upside alone is enough to warrant a 2nd round pick, though.

Back
Top Bottom