Any Love for Sheldon Richardson at # 12? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Love for Sheldon Richardson at # 12?

jimthefin

Club Member
Reaction score
While not a DE he does bring serious pass rush ability from inside.

DT is not a need this year but both Starks and Solia are UFA's after this year and Odrick is still a little unproven(at least as to whether he will ever be a real impact guy).

I figure Miami tries to keep Solia since his type of DT is harder to find and lets Starks go.

I am no draftnik by any standard so i am curious if the residents here think Richardson is not a fit, or 12 would be too high or any other thoughts pro or con.

Thanks

I think he is a beast and would not mind that pick. I do not think it will happen though. I have a gut feeling Ireland is going playmaker. ( Austin/Eifert)

No other opinions?

I was hoping to drum up a little talk about a guy who is under the radar as a possible pick at 12.

I wouldn't take another defensive tackle with the 12th pick. I wouldn't mind a defensive end, but a defensive tackle is probably the only position on the whole team that doesn't need to be addressed early in this draft.

I wouldn't hate the pick. I'd much rather take a playmaker. I really hope we can keep Starks and odrick for the long term.

Given recent decisions, I'd be really surprised if Philbin is OK with a guy with Richardson's attitude (he talks too much) and questionable motivation/commitment to the game.

I love the kid. Plus, both DT's are FA's next year headed toward or are at 30. However, there are other needs that might have to be met.

Plus, I think there are going to be some really quality DT's in round two. Players like Kawann Short, Johnathan Hankins, Jesse Williams, Sly Williams, John Jenkins, Brandon Williams (super sleeper) and Kwame Geathers are all possible after round one. That is why while I am big fan of Richardson, I might look to another spot.

Thanks guys, I understand he would be a bit of a luxury pick but I don't believe in drafting for need in the 1st round unless it happens to match up with value.

I don't see a DB or a WR that does that so I expect the Fins to draft OL or DL.

If you draft Richardson, you need to put him next to a stud run defender like Soliai b/c Richardson struggles a bit in the run game....but he wreaks havoc in the pass game. While i wouldn't hate the pick, i wouldn't do cartwheels either. Solid player. I would personally only draft a DT at #12 if Star fell for some reason (b/c i don't think Floyd will).

Back
Top Bottom