Any objections? If so, why? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any objections? If so, why?

baseballcb95

Active Roster
Reaction score
Would anyone be dissapointed or does anyone have a better offseason then this. if so, share it! Trade Ronnie for a 2nd, trade Crowder for a 4th, Cut JP or trade if possible.

Sign A. Bryant, and A. Rolle,

Draft-

1st- CJ Spiller, RB
2nd- Brandon Spikes, ILB
2nd- Best OLB avalible (Kindle, Hughes, Graham, Sapp, Miller, etc.)
3rd- Best NT avalible (troupe, thomas, etc.)
4th- Micah Johnson, ILB
4th- Best TE avalible (Graham, Hernandez, Pitta, Dickson, etc.)

6-7, depth, high upside, projects

This tremendously helps both sides of the ball. gives us firepower (spiller), leadership (a. bryant), a weapon for Henne (Jimy Graham), and on defense it gives us 3 new LB's while taking out the trash, a good nose tacke combo and an improvement over Wilson

YOU LIKE? rate 1-10 on if you like, 1-10 on realistic, and put a better offseason if you completely dont agree!

Thanks!

I dont mind it.......Hate the Ronnie Brown trade, although can see the logic.

I'd rather pick up a guy like AJ Edds in the 3rd or 4th than one of the guys u mentioned in the 2nd.

why trade Ronnie our best offensive player when we can just trade down and pick up a 2nd?

besides Porter basically either gone this or next year, this is horrid.

why ruin a great running attack we have, and why get rid of the only ILB that produces solid ability.... we need someone next to him that can penetrate into the backfield more, or at leat consistanyl and instinctivly create.... maybe a McClain.

NT, i am interested in, but would be more of an Alex Carrington (i am watching mroe film of him and looking into him more now) Ordick, Dan Williams, (D'Anthony Smith i looking into as well now as well)

and then the worst.... you really think Antonio Bryant is the call for WR??? i surealy hope i am wrong with the acronym of the A with the Bryant, cause I highly disagree. we need to snag someone at least to step in and create... even if he/she (yues, i would take a dominating lady) may be a great #2 WR... we got solid players, but more short, sideline, possession guys.

besides Porter basically either gone this or next year, this is horrid.

why ruin a great running attack we have, and why get rid of the only ILB that produces solid ability.... we need someone next to him that can penetrate into the backfield more, or at leat consistanyl and instinctivly create.... maybe a McClain.

NT, i am interested in, but would be more of an Alex Carrington (i am watching mroe film of him and looking into him more now) Ordick, Dan Williams, (D'Anthony Smith i looking into as well now as well)

and then the worst.... you really think Antonio Bryant is the call for WR??? i surealy hope i am wrong with the acronym of the A with the Bryant, cause I highly disagree. we need to snag someone at least to step in and create... even if he/she (yues, i would take a dominating lady) may be a great #2 WR... we got solid players, but more short, sideline, possession guys.

The reason so many Dolfans want to see us trade Ronnie is b/c the "great running attack" you're talking about getting "ruined" is not going to be around past 2010 no matter what. So why not get something for Ronnie now, while we still can?

Ronnie is a very, very good, but not great, injury prone RB. Hopefully, the fact that he has nice hands, is solid in pass protection, and has indeed been very productive when healthy MAY mean he holds enough value to be worth moving him this offseason. I certainly think it's worth putting him on the block to find out.

As for Crowder, he is below average IMO. I would do cartwheels if we got a 4th for him (as mocked by the OP) but that's doubtful.

Not to steal the OP's thunder but I would go with...

Free Agency

Karlos Dansby LB UFA (ARI) - This year maybe we finally get the prized defensive FA.
Ben Watson TE UFA (NE) - More of a weapon than Antonio Bryant and still an UFA so cheaper than Marhsall, Austin or Boldin.

Draft

1.12.) Dan Williams NT (Tennessee) - The anchor we need for the 3-4.

Trade: Ronnie Brown and our 4th Round Pick to the Houston Texans for their 1st round pick #20 overall.

1.20.) Brandon Graham OLB (Michigan) - Will be perfect opposite JT/Wake.

R2.) Demaryius Thomas WR (Georgia Tech) - The anti-Ginn.

R3.) Ben Tate RB (Auburn) - A cheaper and younger version of Ronnie.

R4.) Traded to HOU with Ronnie Brown for HOU's 1st Round Pick.

R5.) Traded to KC for Thigpen.

R6a.) Robert Johnson FS (Utah) - Stock is on the rise but hopefully available here. He could beat out Gibril Wilson and Clemmons for FS.

R6b.) Ryan D'Imperio ILB (Rutgers) - Maybe this guy could make Crowder a backup.

R7a.) Lindsey Witten OLB (UConn) - Another edge rusher, and with a UConn connection.

R7b.) Robert Sherman CB (Stanford) - Another 6'3 CB like Sean Smith.

:hi5:

why trade Ronnie our best offensive player

Well you do know the FO considered a trade of Brown last offseason so I think many understand the FO doesnt see him here long term,right or wrong thats the impression being given.

The reason so many Dolfans want to see us trade Ronnie is b/c the "great running attack" you're talking about getting "ruined" is not going to be around past 2010 no matter what. So why not get something for Ronnie now, while we still can?

Ronnie is a very, very good, but not great, injury prone RB. Hopefully, the fact that he has nice hands, is solid in pass protection, and has indeed been very productive when healthy MAY mean he holds enough value to be worth moving him this offseason. I certainly think it's worth putting him on the block to find out.

As for Crowder, he is below average IMO. I would do cartwheels if we got a 4th for him (as mocked by the OP) but that's doubtful.

Not to steal the OP's thunder but I would go with...

Free Agency

Karlos Dansby LB UFA (ARI) - This year maybe we finally get the prized defensive FA.
Ben Watson TE UFA (NE) - More of a weapon than Antonio Bryant and still an UFA so cheaper than Marhsall, Austin or Boldin.

Draft

1.12.) Dan Williams NT (Tennessee) - The anchor we need for the 3-4.

Trade: Ronnie Brown and our 4th Round Pick to the Houston Texans for their 1st round pick #20 overall.

1.20.) Brandon Graham OLB (Michigan) - Will be perfect opposite JT/Wake.

R2.) Demaryius Thomas WR (Georgia Tech) - The anti-Ginn.

R3.) Ben Tate RB (Auburn) - A cheaper and younger version of Ronnie.

R4.) Traded to HOU with Ronnie Brown for HOU's 1st Round Pick.

R5.) Traded to KC for Thigpen.

R6a.) Robert Johnson FS (Utah) - Stock is on the rise but hopefully available here. He could beat out Gibril Wilson and Clemmons for FS.

R6b.) Mike D'Imperio ILB (Rutgers) - Maybe this guy could make Crowder a backup.

R7a.) Lindsey Witten OLB (UConn) - Another edge rusher, and with a UConn connection.

R7b.) Robert Sherman CB (Stanford) - Another 6'3 CB like Sean Smith.

:hi5:

We would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for Ronnie so packaging him with a 4th to get a 1st round pick is never gonna happen. There's no value for any team to do that, if Houston offered their 2nd we should jump all over that.

And it's Ryan D'Imperio not Mike.

We would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for Ronnie so packaging him with a 4th to get a 1st round pick is never gonna happen. There's no value for any team to do that, if Houston offered their 2nd we should jump all over that.

And it's Ryan D'Imperio not Mike.

Fixed Ryan - thanks.

Yeah, we'd be lucky to get a 1st for Ronnie even if we added the 4th but I just really wanted to get back into that mid-late 1st area to come away with Dan Williams AND Brandon Graham. That would be sick!

Anyway, HOU does need RB help in a bad way and Spiller probably won't last until their pick.

due to Ronnie's injury prone self, we would not obtain high enough picks to trade him.... hence why i say it would defintely not be a logical move. RB we are solid at this moment, including a possible developing Lex Hilliard who has shown capability...

otherwise you have zero... 0... WR's in your draft... really, not one caught your eyeballs???

my interests in draft labeled as of... ILB, WR, NT, OLB, Secondary (obviouslt working with whom available, and working with what possible)

I wouldn't want to trade Ronnie, since when he's healthy, he's our most consistent offensive performer, not to mention he's the engine that makes the Wildcat go, which is our most productive formation. The injuries are troubling, but as good as spiller looks, there is no way to compare him to the known quantity of Ronnie, especially considering how well Ronnie runs the Wildcat. Also, to a lesser extent, there is the issue of the locker room if you trade Ronnie. Ricky and Ronnie are best friends and dont mind sharing carries, time etc..., could that be recaptured? and would Ricky possibly lose some focus if he felt like his presence was part of the reason his best friend got traded?

i like trading ronnie, think we should hang onto crowder. he actually isnt all that bad and has some room for improovment. when he comes out, our defense sucks even worse. think if brandon graham is there for our first second, i would jump all over him and pass on spikes. brandon graham is going to be a beast, he could be the pick at 12.

Antonio Bryant is not the answer.....either we get marshall or boldin or a young reciever with size and speed to mold into a #1 from the draft

Back
Top Bottom