Any Pennsylvania Dolfans? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Pennsylvania Dolfans?

manheim/berwick would be a game i'd love to see. keep me posted on where they play if they meet...

im still not used to this no playoff thing... i hope this doesnt become a trend.. the whole town seems kinda off... it's weird concentrating on our perenially weak basketball team this early in the year. most fans go hibernate until august. it's always a treat watching the old guys line up at the fence during doubles.. i used to love that when i played.. felt like i was in the pros with a crowd for practice.

reddeathd01 said:
manheim/berwick would be a game i'd love to see. keep me posted on where they play if they meet...

im still not used to this no playoff thing... i hope this doesnt become a trend.. the whole town seems kinda off... it's weird concentrating on our perenially weak basketball team this early in the year. most fans go hibernate until august. it's always a treat watching the old guys line up at the fence during doubles.. i used to love that when i played.. felt like i was in the pros with a crowd for practice.
I will keep you updated. If they do play, it will be at Hershey.

Manheim Central wins again! This time they have won the district title(14 time out of the past 16 years!) and have clinched a berth in the Eastern Championship game(again). They beat the Mechanicsburg Wildcats 27-7. They will take on the winner of the Upper Merion/BERWICK game which is tomorrow.

Berwick beat Upper Merion today, 47-16. The game is set, Berwick/Manheim Central game IV. Berwick is currently 5-0 all-time against Manheim Central and EVERY game is usually close and goes down to the final drive. The game is rumored to be at either Seilensgrove or Bucknell University.

FINAL SCORE!

Manheim Central Barons: 16
Berwick Bulldogs: 13

THE BERWICK CURSE IS OVER! It took 6 meetings spaning over 3 Decades until Manheim could finally top the Bulldogs! It is now onto our 2nd State Championship in the last two years AND the entire school history. The are now the Eastern Pennsylvania Champions and will take on the Western Pennsylvania Champions Thomas Jefferson, who beat Strong Vincint tonight 21-20.

Well, tonight was the State Championship. We were looking for our second-straight State Championship, but we were denied. We got CRUSHED by Thomas Jefferson 56-20. The way we played tonight was very un-Manheim. :cry:

hey sorry i havent responded to any of your posts lately.... i just returned home from las vegas and havent been on here all that much. i was home to catch the state championship game, i agree that wasnt at all like ive seen manheim play before. also i had someone tape the berwick/manheim game ( it was on tv here, not sure if it was there,although it probably was) that was an excellent game.

anyway hopefully manheim comes back stronger next year, i enjoy watching them and usually the only chance i get to see them is in the playoffs. you heard it here first though.. mt carmel will be back in the state championship hunt very soon.. if not next year, without a doubt the year after.

any of you other pa dolfans being thanked by every steelers fan you know? man, they're lovin having a little cushon for their home field....

I'm from Forty-Fort, about an hour from Mt. Carmel. Can't stand Berwick.

jaws1554 said:
I'm from Forty-Fort, about an hour from Mt. Carmel. Can't stand Berwick.
Neither can i. conveniently for them when i played for Mt. Carmel (1998-2000)
Berwick always avoided playing us. It would have been nice to beat them down, both those years our teams were amazing and we would have pounded berwick.

I live in Coal Township and yes it is tough living in Eagle/Steeler land, but hopefully they will grow out of it.

Back
Top Bottom