Any second rounder worth a 2012 1st round pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any second rounder worth a 2012 1st round pick?

Who is worth trading a 2012 1st rounder for? (MUST have player)

• Mikel LeShour - RB

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Ryan Mallet - QB

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Ryan Williams - RB

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Kyle Rudolph - TE

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Colin Kapernick - QB

• Akeem Ayers - OLB

• Brooks Reed - OLB

• Andy Dalton - QB

• Da'Quan Bowers - DE

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • DJ Williams - TE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Is there any second rounder you think we should trade a 2012 1st round pick for? I know Mallet will get a lot of votes since most here wanted him with our 1st this year. Anyone else you guys think is worth trading for? Id trade for LeShour, but thats probably it.

(You may select multiple players)

No. Our front office just put us in perfect position for bill cowher and Andrew luck next year. Thanks for shoring up the line folks. Don't let the door hit u on the way out.

If we are not going to move to get a RB at this point we need to look at our LB's, specifically our pass rush. I would say that Akeem Ayers or Brooks Reed would be wise choices. I know everyone wants a QB and a WR and a TE and whatever, but the fact is, there is no QB worth it at this point (no, not even Ryan Mallet, if he drops to the 3rd, be my flipping guest, but not in the 2nd), our WR's are actually not that bad, we have a #1 in Marshall, a great slot guy in Bess and Hartline has been serviceable, to me this position screams free agency because we have enough to go into the season with as it stands, but a proven addition could take us the receiving corps to a new level. And don't even try to claim that there is a TE worth moving up for.

It would have to be an OLB that is high on their board of Kyle Rudolph falling before I see it as a good investment. Many are speculating Kaepernick and I think we would have to move in front of Oakland for that to happen. They could have him rated as their no 1 qb(atleast 1 AFC West team has according to rumors). I like Kaepernick and a 2012 1st round investment would mean he would get time to become transition.

we've only burned 5 2nd round picks on QBs (white, henne, beck, culpepper, feeley) since 2004. obviously that is not nearly enough so i think we should trade all the rest of our picks to move into early 2nd and grab our next bust.

If we are not going to move to get a RB at this point we need to look at our LB's, specifically our pass rush. I would say that Akeem Ayers or Brooks Reed would be wise choices. I know everyone wants a QB and a WR and a TE and whatever, but the fact is, there is no QB worth it at this point (no, not even Ryan Mallet, if he drops to the 3rd, be my flipping guest, but not in the 2nd), our WR's are actually not that bad, we have a #1 in Marshall, a great slot guy in Bess and Hartline has been serviceable, to me this position screams free agency because we have enough to go into the season with as it stands, but a proven addition could take us the receiving corps to a new level. And don't even try to claim that there is a TE worth moving up for.

Sorry buddy. Marshall may be a #1 but he needs a speed threat to take people off him otherwise is more of the same 3-4 yard passes. Oh and if we are gonna play the little bs dip and dunk pass game an accurate qb might be nice

No, there is nobody left I would give up the farm for when we could have had them at #15 and been done with it.

One or two more losses from 7-9 could put us picking in the top 5-8 next year. Too much potential there.

No. Our front office just put us in perfect position for bill cowher and Andrew luck next year. Thanks for shoring up the line folks. Don't let the door hit u on the way out.

Are you ****ing blind? We are in the position to get Andrew Luck? That is the stupidest thing I may have ever heard. A middle of the pack team that just upgraded their offensive line, who had a 7-9 record last year, is about to be the worst team in the NFL. Laughable.

Belicheat is stockpiling his picks for Luck or Barkley to be the eventual Brady replacement - he's learned from Ted Thompson. If either of the first 2 teams don't need these guys themselves, no one has the ammo to sweeten the deal like the Pats can. We're a mediocre team with too many good players to be a bad one so we've got virtually no shot at Luck - or Barkley for that matter. The sooner we disavow ourselves of that notion, the sooner we can realistically address what makes us better in the here and now. I'd trade a first to jump in front of the line for Mallett in a NY second.

Well there's Ryan Mallet. And then There's Ryan Mallet. Oh, but then there's that Ryan Mallet guy.

I dunno. I love Mallett but I get nervous about giving that 1st rounder in 2012 up. Could be a REALLY high one.

Considering we'll have a top 10 pick next year... NO WAY!

Belicheat is stockpiling his picks for Luck or Barkley to be the eventual Brady replacement - he's learned from Ted Thompson. If either of the first 2 teams don't need these guys themselves, no one has the ammo to sweeten the deal like the Pats can. We're a mediocre team with too many good players to be a bad one so we've got virtually no shot at Luck - or Barkley for that matter. The sooner we disavow ourselves of that notion, the sooner we can realistically address what makes us better in the here and now. I'd trade a first to jump in front of the line for Mallett in a NY second.

Honestly, I can't see that happening. I don't think there's any team stupid enough to trade out of getting Andrew Luck. Best QB prospect by far since Peyton Manning. Getting a QB with Luck's talent is far better than anything you're going to get with the 2-3 first round picks + all the 2nd/3rd rounders or whatever else NE would offer.

The only player worth it is Ryan Mallett, He has top 15 talent. However, I'm just not sure how I feel about giving up a 2012 1st for him though. I'd give up our 3rd, next years 2nd, and another later pick, but I'm not so sure about a 2012 1st. That being said, I think at worst that pick will be in the 13-15 range. I just don't think we're going to get any worse than we are now if our O-Line shapes up, and we can run the ball successfully. I don't expect our passing game to be any worse, and I don't expect our defense to regress. I just don't know.

you should have a no pick too..............

Back
Top Bottom