any takers on JJ Watt, Im all in/To be released | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

any takers on JJ Watt, Im all in/To be released

Like with any of these things how much and how many years would it take?

Not a surprise if you looked at his contract, he was a logical cut. I think he ill aim higher than us tbh.

Is JJ Watt gonna avoid all the "what a cry baby he should play for his contract rather than asking to leave!" nonsense?

He's going to sign with the Steelers to play with his brother. I can already see it. T.J. is already publically vouching.

What this would do, however, is probably spring Bud Dupree loose. Think he's an UFA. Would be an interest get for this defense although I'd prefer Reddick.

id be willing to bet money that he signs with Pitt or GB

Either going home or to join his brothers
Pittsburgh can't create the cap space to sign him unless they massacre their roster. Pouncey's retirement helps them a little, but getting under the cap at all means they have to cut Big Ben and Joe Haden plus get T.J. Watt on a long-term extension. They also have Dupree, Juju, and Villanueva as expensive unrestricted free agents.

Green Bay is even more over the cap but at least has a pathway to create space to add J.J.

I’m sure Pittsburgh is his first choice but I don’t think they can afford him. I’d take him on a friendly contract, prove it type deal because I love his character but his injuries are a concern but he’s a disruptor when healthy.I think he approached the Texans and it was mutual he wasn’t just cut.

Back
Top Bottom