Anyone else just happy our first round pick isnt going to get wasted? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else just happy our first round pick isnt going to get wasted?

Dolfan_Noles

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
All this discussion about who is going to get picked...its just a whole different attitude now under the Saban/Mueller regime instead of Wanny/Spielman. Before, even when we had first round picks, they were all wastes. With the exception of Chambers, they did a terrible job scouting when we had early picks to use (See Eddie Moore). Last year showed that with good talent evaluation we can bring in guys that will pay immediate dividends. Ronnie is a load at RB, Matt Roth will be a solid contributor, Crowder is a future pro bowler, and Daniels will be a starting CB. Now that is value in your top 4 picks.

True it does feel better knowing Saban is at the Helm, but, with ANY draft pic in any position, you can be a bust whether it be Saban drafting him or not. Lets hope he hits more than he misses but if his draft for years to come end up like his first ones, will have no worries!

How about the LT pick up in the 7th rd.(alberit alba)
5th RD.pick spend on M.Wright 20 yr. old DE
the pick up of punter that may alt on the pro bowl team
Drafting Vickerson as well, DT furture starter.

going lineman in the first round is a wasted pick IMO its a bail out mid first round because there aren any skill players good enough to be picked and Nick is able to evaluate the talent and will pick whats best for the team at the pick but if a Lineman is left its wasted we have to many other holes ans Houck will do good with anybody given to him

i agree with u, i may want cutler, but ill be happy with whoever saban drafts. i have faith in whatever decision he makes

Imagine Houck working with a Pro Bowl level Lineman as opposed to a mid level. Imagine, if you can, that Houck is gone after a while because coaches change teams, get older, and retire.

Thrilled and Estatic that I think every pick will be maximized to garner the best possible value to help this team.

SammySmif said:
Imagine Houck working with a Pro Bowl level Lineman as opposed to a mid level. Imagine, if you can, that Houck is gone after a while because coaches change teams, get older, and retire.

We have a back up plan. USC's O line coach(Forget his name) that we have.

Back
Top Bottom