Anyone else nervous? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else nervous?

Rented

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There's so many ways this draft can go wrong (or right) for the Fins.

I just hope we have the right guys in Cameron/Mueller this time.
The team must hit solid doubles (if not home runs) with at least the first 3 picks.

I was so excited last year about what the Fins would do --- my face dropped when I heard the name Jason Allen announced. The jury is still out on whether Ronnie Brown was worth the No. 2 pick and a $20 million signing bonus.
As for the Wannestedt years - Ugh! Nuff said.

The best thing about this year is that Saban's mistakes have forced the Fins to do something they should have done since the year before Marino retired: Draft a Franchise QB.

I am never nervous about the draft. Yes, i'll get pissed or happy depending on the pick, but I'm never nervous about it.

As for this years draft, I think we will all be in for a treat. I think this years draft is going to be very good for us. Mostly offensive too, which i really like for a change. I cant wait, only 8 more days.

I am in favor of a trade down, whatever the situation may be. Not to be starting a rummor, but my buddy lives in Pitt and he said he heard on the radio a trade scenario. However, he said that it would be something to the effect of MIA and PITT swapping first round picks, 9 and 15. Then we would get their 3rd, plus we would swap 60th pick for their second rounder, which moves us up in that round as well. I would do a scenario like this in a heartbeat. What do you all think?

I am in favor of a trade down, whatever the situation may be. Not to be starting a rummor, but my buddy lives in Pitt and he said he heard on the radio a trade scenario. However, he said that it would be something to the effect of MIA and PITT swapping first round picks, 9 and 15. Then we would get their 3rd, plus we would swap 60th pick for their second rounder, which moves us up in that round as well. I would do a scenario like this in a heartbeat. What do you all think?

you/we can't trade down unless we know we've got Green. And that may not happen untill after the draft. There's no way both Russell or Quinn drop to 15 & there's no other QB out there worthy of a 1st round pick if you ask me. Doesn't seem like CPEP's going to be goog to go & we can't have Cleo competing w/a a later round drafted QB for the starting job. So there's no way I would do that trade if offered, again unless we land Green. Now should we land Green before the draft & the trade rumor's true, I too would do it.

you/we can't trade down unless we know we've got Green. And that may not happen untill after the draft. There's no way both Russell or Quinn drop to 15 & there's no other QB out there worthy of a 1st round pick if you ask me. Doesn't seem like CPEP's going to be goog to go & we can't have Cleo competing w/a a later round drafted QB for the starting job. So there's no way I would do that trade if offered, again unless we land Green. Now should we land Green before the draft & the trade rumor's true, I too would do it.

I don't think either will be there at 9. If we trade down or stay at 9 we will most likely not get our QB until sometime in round 2. We need picks so don't look for us to burn them moving up.

trading down can endup biting you in the butt.

I don't think either will be there at 9. If we trade down or stay at 9 we will most likely not get our QB until sometime in round 2. We need picks so don't look for us to burn them moving up.

You're probably right that neither will be there at 9 but you've got a better shot at one of them at 9 then 15. I don't think we should move up either, unless we can get to #4 or above, so we could guarantee one of them. Russell's who I'd like, but Oaklands going to grab him, as they should. Again, it all depends on if we're able to land Green Pre-Draft!

If Miami goes up, it'll be for Quinn, or maybe Thomas.

If they stay still it'll be for Staley, Brown if he's there, or Ginn.

I think.

If Quinn falls to Miami (which he won't), then fine.

Otherwise, the Fins should be ecstatic if LT Levi Jones (a great run-blocker) is available and take Stanton or Trent Edwards in the second.

If Miami goes up, it'll be for Quinn, or maybe Thomas.

If they stay still it'll be for Staley, Brown if he's there, or Ginn.

I think.

Hey Boomer, are you implying with that statement that you dont think Quinn will fall to 9 then?

If Quinn falls to Miami (which he won't), then fine.

Otherwise, the Fins should be ecstatic if LT Levi Jones (a great run-blocker) is available and take Stanton or Trent Edwards in the second.

I like what I've seen in Stanton & for what ever reason on the majority of the other sites (fins), they want Stanton before they'd like Edwards. Not to mention the money we'd save w/a QB in the 2nd, instead of the 1st. W/some positions there's a moderate difference depending where you're picked. But QB's seem to really only truly get paid when they're picked in the 1st. And yeah Levi would be an awesome tool for our struggling O-line.

Hey Boomer, are you implying with that statement that you dont think Quinn will fall to 9 then?

Very unlikely that he goes to 9.

Miami would almost certainly have to go up to get him. They may also shift up to get Thomas if he falls, or Landry.

Back
Top Bottom