Anyone else not sold on Millner? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else not sold on Millner?

poyer and richard sherman do not make sense to me...sherman wins physically at the los and gets guys off their preferred routes and is very physical...poyers slight framed and while he uses his hands doesn't have the upper body strength sherman possesses...odd comparison

??
Poyer 6ft and 191lbs
Sherman 6'3" and 195lbs at the combine. If anything, Sherman was more slight than Poyer.

Poyer does need to bulk up a little to be a more aggressive corner, but it would suit his playing style and character to do so in my opinion. If he learns how to mask his lack of top speed with physicality and hones his already impressive ball skills, I think you'll see a player in the NFL who disrupts WRs and gets in their faces the way Sherman does.

I'm not comparing them directly today. I'm saying that Poyer's ceiling should be what Sherman is achieving out there. He has the attitude and the ball skills to emulate him.

??
Poyer 6ft and 191lbs
Sherman 6'3" and 195lbs at the combine. If anything, Sherman was more slight than Poyer.

Poyer does need to bulk up a little to be a more aggressive corner, but it would suit his playing style and character to do so in my opinion. If he learns how to mask his lack of top speed with physicality and hones his already impressive ball skills, I think you'll see a player in the NFL who disrupts WRs and gets in their faces the way Sherman does.

I'm not comparing them directly today. I'm saying that Poyer's ceiling should be what Sherman is achieving out there. He has the attitude and the ball skills to emulate him.

look at shermans bench # vs poyers...and then look at what each is best in...sherman press man...poyer off coverages....sherman plays with a totally different level of physicality...

Is 12 too rich for hayden. I would have jumped on him at 42, now i think hes gone before than.

i don't think so...he's almost 6 ft and almost 200 lbs and off what i saw had he played all year i don't think there'd be any doubt he'd be in the running at least for top corner in the class...heck i think he is the top corner in the class the more i think about it as far as a fit for us...but yeah you can forget any pick #42 stuff there...i had him on my targets thread list at pick #12

this kids a serious burst athlete and he hits and tackles like a damn safety at corner...think vontae davis like tools and physicality with a better head on his shoulders...that is sick talent folks...

I would love to see Milliner in Miami as I like his physical approach to the position and he showed it in the toughest conference in the country. If not him I'd prefer Hayden but unless Miami trades to late in the last first i doubt he'll be there when we pick in the second.

I'm not an expert on evaluating college talent, but I'm not sold on Milliner for one simple reason: Prior to the combine, Milliner was viewed as a teens to twenties pick by draft experts. The CB position was considered deep, but not very strong at the top (just like the WR position). Then the combine happens and Milliner runs a good 40 and the other CBs all have questions, and suddenly Milliner becomes a top 5 or so pick? Sorry...I don't buy it. I think he "could" be the top CB in this draft, but he will be over-drafted based on the combine and the lack of CB star power in this draft. I don't think he compares to Haden, Claiborne, Patterson, etc....his high draft grade is simply b/c there is no other "great" CB or stud QB.

Back
Top Bottom