Anyone else worried about Rex Ryan going to the jets? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else worried about Rex Ryan going to the jets?

rickfinsfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Only reason I say that is because the Ravens D have so many free agents and New York always seems like they have money to spend. I dont want to see there top free agents go over there with there old coach.

Only reason I say that is because the Ravens D have so many free agents and New York always seems like they have money to spend. I dont want to see there top free agents go over there with there old coach.
He's a great D coach, but he has that QB problem to deal with.

I'm happy they got Ryan. I was worried Shanahan, Cowher or Gruden might get it.

I think Ryan will screw them up more efficiently than many other candidates.

I believe this is posted in the wrong section, shouldn't it be in the 'General NFL' or 'Beasts of the AFC East' forum?

No not really .. compare our coaching staff to theirs and you'll forget about it in seconds

Ryan was passed up last year for the Baltimore head coach position in favor of Harbaugh. That tells me Baltimore management didn't think he could he get the job done. I'm not worried about him in NY.

Whatever happened to Jason Garrett. Last season all I heard was he was the next hottest coaching prospect and this and that. I don't hear his name anymore. Is he still in Dallas?

I am on the fence with Ryan. I am not sure what he will be like as a head coach in this league. One thing to remember is that he was loaded with talent in Baltimore(Reed, Lewis, Suggs, Ngata, etc.). Having that much talent can make anyone look good, just look at Cam Cameron coming to Miami from the stacked Chargers offense.

Now, he may turn into the next great big time coach, but I just don't know yet. He is a bit of a loose canon, and if things start off on a sour note, watch out.

I honestly don't know if firing Mangini(who improved the team by 5 wins this season) and hiring Ryan was a move that was a no-brainer. Now if they fired Mangini and hired someone like Cowher or Holmgren then I could see it as a no-brainer

I wouldn't be that worried just yet. Ravens Defensive defense coordinators don't tend to pan out as great head coaches(i.e. Mike Nolan, Marvin Lewis).

I am more worried about all the free agents who might follow him then I am about him coaching. Yes the QB problem is there but the jets can get a good qb just like we did in the off season.

I am more worried about all the free agents who might follow him then I am about him coaching. Yes the QB problem is there but the jets can get a good qb just like we did in the off season.
Parcells or Ryan, Parcells or Ryan, Parcells or Ryan.......hmmm

I think free agents would choose Parcells.

Back
Top Bottom