Anyone going to Radio CIty for the draft!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone going to Radio CIty for the draft!!!!

straitg2nite

86' Book em'
Reaction score
i will definately be there early sat morning like about 1am, wait for tickets...kill time in the city..sleep in car, and im all set..My mother and i the dolphin fans., and my steppops 30 somethn yr Cowboy fan. Hope maybe some of you guys will be sprinkled in there. my past 2 years at the draft were fun..Even saw Jerome Bettis mother there, shook her hand..that was cool

I wish I was man. I bet that is truly an experience. Does the excitment of the crowd stay pretty high during most of the day? Or does it start to drag on? How long are you there for? How many "fans" are allowed to attend?

I'll be there sort of, done the draft a half dozen times or so. This year we are going to the ESPN Zone in Times Square, place will be packed with football fans and ESPN will do some remotes from there. Plus the food isn't too bad. Just got tired of leaving home in PA at 3am to get there to get in line.

I can't go Im too far down South. But how does it work? Do you just wait in a line and are give tickets or do you buy them? How much do they cost? How the overall experience?

I would love to go one year!!!

The whole thing doesn't appeal to me much. I am obsessed with the draft, but being stuck in a crowded room, likely overflowing with Jet fans, doesn't sound too fun to me. I would love to be there solely to see the dissapointment on their faces when they screw up their pick, but I don't think the whole trip would be worth it. I guess it would be cool to see some of the prospects in person, but I would rather just be sprawled out on my couch watching it from home.

I wish, we will be going next year for the site maybe, were working on that.

I can't go Im too far down South. But how does it work? Do you just wait in a line and are give tickets or do you buy them? How much do they cost? How the overall experience?

I would love to go one year!!!

Tickets are free, you just need to get there early. This year the info says they will begin letting you line up at 5am (not sure what they do with people who get there earlier). You wait in line for a couple hours and get a ticket or wristband that will let you in, then you get back in line with the others that got tickets and wait for them to open the doors about 11:00. It is a lot of waiting around in the morning.

There are fans from every team there, the NFL will make sure teams with top picks are represented. I'm sure this year they are bringing in the Raider "Black Hole" fans that dress up and the Dawg Pound guys. No doubt the Redskins guys that wear dresses and pig noses will be there. While there are a big group of Giants and Jets fans it is a lot more diverse then you think. And Giant fans seem to out number Jet fans.

I was there for the Keyshawn draft. I met Eddie George, and John Ogden. They gave out little radios that were keyed into the hosts' mics so you heard them talk during the commercial breaks. Chris Berman is an a-hole and Theisman was complaining about his LT wrecked knee. They were giving out football cards of draft picks that the NFL THOUGHT certain teams wuld pick. I still have my Jacksonville Jags Keyshawn Johnson card.

Me and my buddy's are going for the first time this year and we aren't really sure of the whole process. Do you have any suggestions, like when we should line up? Do people get turned away a lot? If you could give me a rundown on the whole process that would be much appreciated.

GOOOO PHINZ!!!!!!!!

I was there for the Keyshawn draft. I met Eddie George, and John Ogden. They gave out little radios that were keyed into the hosts' mics so you heard them talk during the commercial breaks. Chris Berman is an a-hole and Theisman was complaining about his LT wrecked knee. They were giving out football cards of draft picks that the NFL THOUGHT certain teams wuld pick. I still have my Jacksonville Jags Keyshawn Johnson card.

very cool bro, I'm glad you shared that with us....

Me and my buddy's are going for the first time this year and we aren't really sure of the whole process. Do you have any suggestions, like when we should line up? Do people get turned away a lot? If you could give me a rundown on the whole process that would be much appreciated.

GOOOO PHINZ!!!!!!!!

Get there as early as you can like 3am.. Im not sure what time they start giving out tickets..You can probably call Radio City info and find out, which is what i'll do just to be safe. People do not get turned away!!!!!!!!.. most late commers have a seperate line accross the street from where the 1st ticket getters are. the seating in radio city, is'nt better than the Jacob Javits center like the year ronnie brown was drafter, much more space..radio city u have to get there early..cause last year i got upper balcony seats...i wanna be on the lower section, so i can see them right up close when they go on stage..and our pick will be on stage..wether we at 9 or 6....

Back
Top Bottom