Anyone in "Taiwan Jones to Dolphins" fanclub | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone in "Taiwan Jones to Dolphins" fanclub

Roonnette

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I've seen one or two threads about this guy. I posted a few awhile back. Anyone have an opinion on this guy?

I'd love the Phins to get Taiwan Jones. The guy is an elusive type of runner who has unbelievable second gear. I haven't seen that type of second gear on any of the vids of this year's Rbs.

[video=youtube;YYVJ82hmT8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYVJ82hmT8g[/video]

im all for taking a chance on him late. but i am worried, bc i heard he has put on quite a bit of weight

i think i read something along the lines of he has an elbow deformation in one of his arms...

He looks a little light in the bottom half, quite a high center of gravity for a RB. Still, he keeps his feet pretty well. Low on power but has a great burst after the hole and looks to have good vision.

If you beef him up for the NFL, what do you end up with? That would be a concern, but he is a late rounder...

for some reason,he jsut doesnt look like NFL material.....

video reminds me a lot of Jayson Foster,looks good on tape,but thats about it....

He is not a bull, low shoulders, strong legs to run over linebackers. He is not that type of runner. He is elusive runner with great second gear acceleration and great vision, always looking forward, kinda like CJ2K.

Can he return kicks and punts?

On offense, I wonder if he can pass block enough. What kind of vision does he have?

The way he moves, he looks like he can be an electric return man. He showed natural, good hands catching the ball on dump offs.

I agree that his legs look like toothpicks.

Definitely worth a flier. I'm not sure where he is projected? 5th round? Later?

The one play stood out was when he chased the guy down from behind to make the tackle that saved a touchdown. I would be on board for a late round selection, and even more on board if we brought him in as a UDFA. I'm not sure what his position is projected as, but as a UDFA he would be a great find.

another example of a guy who's way too fast and quick twitch and athletic than the opposition he played against...that said i'm intrigued...but not as a 15 to 20 carry guy...he looks like a change of pace potential home run hitter...if he runs anything slower than 4.5 off of those cuts i saw i'll be surprised

Here is an interview with Taiwan published a few days ago:

TSN: Obviously, you're coming off having the broken left foot. What is the status of the injury?
TJ: I have some great trainers and the physical therapist has done a good job of being very cautious about it because they know how anxious I am to get going. The fact that I'm able to run and I've been able to do some cuts (recently), I'm very confident that I will be fine on April 14. I can't full wait to go full (speed), though.

TSN: At the NFL Combine, you were limited with what you could do physically. But did you still come away feeling like you impressed teams?
TJ: I wasn't able to do much. The only thing I did was my bench press and I did OK in that. I actually had a lot of pride in it because when I first started training I only did six reps and I was able to come away with 13 at the Combine. I couldn't compete in any of the other drills, but I definitely felt like I impressed some teams during the interviews. That was my main focus since that was the only thing I could really do was meet with teams. I felt like I had a lot of meetings.

TSN: Can you break down your style of play that you feel will work best in the NFL?
TJ: Just my elusiveness. At first I have a lot of speed, but I'm also able to run between the tackles when needed. I have great breakaway speed. I feel like my vision, with my elusiveness, that that will definitely help me at the next level.

TSN: What parts of your game do you want to improve the most?
TJ: I definitely want to become a better student of the game and I practice my pass protection more because at the level I played in I really only had to cut people. Coming to the next level, I know I need to block up high, and that's definitely something that I'm going to work on.

TSN: You're going from being a star most of your life to being one of a number of players in a large pool who are trying to make an NFL roster. How does that affect your approach and confidence level?
TJ: I've always felt that I've been under the radar my whole life, I felt like that was a big secret. I still feel like not many people know about me. I think my approach is I'm just hungry. I'm just hungry to make a name for myself. It's a dream come true, man. Making it is only the first step. I just can't wait to make a team and be productive on that team

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/24/2750091/five-a-side-eastern-washingtons.html#ixzz1HjZ8UOgk

Back
Top Bottom