Anyone like Dezmon Briscoe---Maybe 3rd rd material? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone like Dezmon Briscoe---Maybe 3rd rd material?

uga3406

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know he played in a wild open pass style at Kansas but he does have some skills. He is listed at 6'3 and weight about 200 even. He is coming off his second year in a row over 1,000 yards. Two years in a row over 80 plus catches. I don't watch the big 12 much, but I am curious anyone on here got a feel for this guy? I have read up on him and seems to have some talent. I am sure those stats are due to the offense Kansas runs but just asking if anyone has caught a game of his. Here is a video of him in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz6V06jEbnk

I do! Last year I read an article about him being one of the top ten most explosive players in college football. This is what it said:

7. WR DESMOND BRISCOE, KANSAS
Does Briscoe really belong on this list? Ask Oklahoma. Briscoe had catches of 25, 40, 47 and 69 yards against the Sooners. He had at least three plays covering 20 yards against OU, Louisiana Tech, Nebraska and Minnesota ? all bowl teams. He also had 23 plays of at least 20 yards. And he had a 40-yard kickoff return. Briscoe's 15.3 yards-per-catch average was the nation's highest for players with at least 90 receptions.

Here is the link:
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=912687

I also read an article recently listing him as one of the most underated players in this years draft. This is from the article:

Wide receiver
Overrated: Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech. Reason No. 2,145 why the draft isn't the science they'd like you to believe: McCoy and Tim Tebow and others are knocked for playing in a "system," but Thomas is a top 10 pick despite the fact he ran two routes -- curl, go -- in Tech's option offense.
Underrated: Dezmon Briscoe, Kansas. It's always about speed at this position, when it should be all about getting separation. Briscoe will be a terrific pro because he gets open and is physical after the catch.

Here is the link:
http://www.sportingnews.com/college...2010-nfl-draft-whos-overrated-whos-underrated

Hope you enjoy the info!

Iv been very high on him.. I see him being compared to Plaxico, and he catches everything!

I personally like D.Thomas alot more, the guy can join the line up from day one. FO and CS will love his down field blocking not to mention Brown/Williams/Cobbs/Hillard. He opens up the ability for more big runs and is excellent in chunk yards as a receiver.

I personally like D.Thomas alot more, the guy can join the line up from day one. FO and CS will love his down field blocking not to mention Brown/Williams/Cobbs/Hillard. He opens up the ability for more big runs and is excellent in chunk yards as a receiver.

I like Briscoe. He's one of those guys that has pop to his game- when you watch him you can see explosion and separation skills almost immediately. I'm not sure what he'll run the 40 in, but he immediately caught my eye in that way as opposed to D Thomas. The 4.38 40 rumors of DT are still shocking to me- I'll believe it when I see it. I like DT quite a bit, but in terms of explosion and separation, from what I've seen Briscoe is better. DT- it's been really bothering me, what I DON"T see when I watch him- the ability to separate. Dez Bryant isn't the fastest guy in the world, but he has it. And as a side note, CJ Spiller- wow. I don't think that another team in the league is as desperate for WR separation skills as we are (see Patrick Turner experiment and Ted "second gear" Ginn).

Problem child rumors aside, I think that Briscoe could end up being very good. And if DB isn't there at #12 (most likely to be the case) I think that we take the best available WR in the 2nd rd.

Assuming that Dez Bryant isn't there and we don't trade down in the 1st, and factoring in that NT's are becoming more valuable with more and more teams switching to 3-4 defenses:

1. Dan Williams
2. Arrelious Benn
3. Sean Lee
4. Mike Williams
6. Myron Rolle
6. Linval Joseph
7. O'Brien Schofield

i'm not a fan off my initial look but i'm gonna take another look at him tonight...

i gave lafell another look and liked him a bit more the 2nd time except for what i consider suspect hands and ball awareness...

ugh... 4.6 plus no burst or suddenness down the field in pass drills...just looked ugh

all things being equal, take character and work ethic as the key factors that seperate.

Back
Top Bottom