Anyone listening to 790? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone listening to 790?

PerfectFinz72

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've been listening to Zaslo for parts of this morning, and he's been calling this draft a disaster. I really can't stand this punk, he's annoying enough when you have to hear his whiny little voice on Boog's show during the week. God, shut up.

I was upset too they didnt draft Quinn, but I'm ok now. I still would have taken Quinn, but I'm happy with the Beck pick and Ginn should be a good player. See, everyone hear can call out all the fans on message boards for the negativity, but just turn on the radio or read the paper and see the media fueling the fire. So angry... :fire:

Kiper just said we're drafting really well. Aside from the first round he said the rest of our draft has gone good. we've got a couple of solid players. Solai, Satele, and Booker can call be contributors in their rookie years for us, and we got them in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds.

shoot maybe the dolphin nation should just trusted me at least i would have tried to wheel and deal . serriously i dont have problem with beck ,satele and booker but i think geting a ot and a te and wr would have been good but i dont kown if cam is the right guy after all . i wonder what happens if ginn doesnt pan out and we go 3 -15 this year it wont be pretty that much i do know.:( :boohoo: :ninja:

Now I'm hearing him say how the franchise is a joke and going on and on and on about absolutely nothing. Seriously, his kid is a complete jerk. Listening to him makes everything sound 10000000 times worse than it actually is. He doesnt even speak intelligently about the Dolphins, you can tell he's a total fairweather fan. He's too worried about the Heat to even follow football. Sorry for the rant, but I'm officially annoyed by the negativity when I was slightly defending it last night. Just ignorant radio talk...ignorant.

It's funny, the way the difference of opinions can be so different. I've been switching back and forth from NFL Network to ESPN and while Kiper, Jaws, and Mort have all done a 360 on our draft now that they've seen the rest of the pics after Ginn. They all said that Ginn and Beck together with Chambers and if Ricky comes back to combo with Ronnie will be a pretty nice offense. However, the NFL Network crew seems to think all the pics have been reaches and that really "none of the players Miami has drafted will be on the field next year other than Ginn as a Punt Returned only". Reminds me of the debate going on here. This is why NO ONE knows what's going to happen for sure and the debating is fun, but, the only real way to decide is to prove it on the field.

Funny.. NFL network last nught was saying our draft was pretty good... although different guys have different opinions... and remember people... these are just opinions.

I've been listening to Zaslo for parts of this morning, and he's been calling this draft a disaster. I really can't stand this punk, he's annoying enough when you have to hear his whiny little voice on Boog's show during the week. God, shut up.

I was upset too they didnt draft Quinn, but I'm ok now. I still would have taken Quinn, but I'm happy with the Beck pick and Ginn should be a good player. See, everyone hear can call out all the fans on message boards for the negativity, but just turn on the radio or read the paper and see the media fueling the fire. So angry... :fire:

Word of advice...shut it off or change to another station
that usually works for me..

Funny.. NFL network last nught was saying our draft was pretty good... although different guys have different opinions... and remember people... these are just opinions.

Yeh, its funny that you say that was well about the opinions. Now listen to 790....the host is defending the draft and the calls are positive. This is pretty much the biggest 50/50 split I've ever seen as far as the dolphins fan base go on how the draft is going thus far.

Yeh, its funny that you say that was well about the opinions. Now listen to 790....the host is defending the draft and the calls are positive. This is pretty much the biggest 50/50 split I've ever seen as far as the dolphins fan base go on how the draft is going thus far.
That's what you get when you pass on an overhyped player, and pick rare talent that has some fabricated negatives on him. This reminds me of our current political times. Pretty soon, these Ginn threads will be moved to PoFo. :lol:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/top.html

I haven't figured out any other teams ratio of picks to Top 100,
but I think our draft is very good with all 5 of our picks within this lists
Top 100. I'd say we got better. I can't even remember when Miami had either a Punt or Kickoff for a TD....few and far between.
I think our team will play with a chip on their shoulder this year by our fans reactions this weekend. They will be over achievers. Especially will like Porter and Satele nastiness in the locker it wil be fun to watch.

Amazingly, even if Beck and Ginn and the rest of the rookies all impact the team positively and we reach the p/o's with them this year or next, if Quinn becomes something better than average, Cam-Mul will be ridden to death on passing Quinn up...

I was certainly a Quinn guy, but I said this before the draft: No matter what, Randy must pick guys that impact the team this year.

Well, if all Ginn does is return KO and punts, he'll impact this team this year. I happen to think that he'll do even better than that. In fact, I feel he'll have all of us saying Wes Who ?? by the beginning of October...

Beck is more of mystery only because QB is such a tough position for a young guy. The thing about him is whether he can handle NOT being Dan Marino. He may turn out to be a good QB maybe even very good, we don't know, but how he handles the fan and media pressure will determine his future with us, not just his play.

Satele has as good a chance as anyone on the OL with the state of flux it's been in. He may move Hadnot back to guard or he may need time to develop to this level, but he'll add to the competition...

Booker is at the very least a younger, better runner than Minor. And I love the Soliai pick at DT, where we have questions...

Obviously having Quinn there at #9 and passing on him shocked me at first, but busting Cam-Mul on Sunday morning when the draft still isn't over is ridiculous of the both the fans and the media....

You can complain about the press and turn the channel but you can't escape the facts. Not only did they pass on Brady but they hired a person who can't even show up for the first team mini camp. Ginn happens to be an old friend of Camerons. Thats what his choices for us will be. His friends. Look at what happened with the running backs coach. They told the man he had a job and then tossed him aside when Camerons old buddy, after five years away from the game, said he would come back. They as much as promised Quinn the job was his if we should be so lucky as to have the blessing of picking him. We, as fans, have not been dealt honestly with since Huiezinga bought the team and chased Shula and Marino out of Dodge. When Dan came back and spent what, two weeks, he saw the writing on the wall in bold strokes and said "What have I done?", let me out of here". In the meantime, look at what the Pats have done. Starting with free-agency and the Draft and now, signing Moss. Ted Ginn, John Beck and the rest? It will be like sending the J.V's against the Varsity. Oh well, lets go Marlins.

Back
Top Bottom