Anyone scared of Cooper's height? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone scared of Cooper's height?

LordTua

Lord Tua
Reaction score
I know his route running is smooth as silk and he's got wheels, but I always hear people discredit our WRs for all being similar heights. 6'0-6'1

Cooper at 6'1, would blend right in and I don't think he'd make much of a fade route target. Something the fan base has been clamoring for since we let BMarsh go.

I've been thinking about this for a while, but now that we have Cameron does our "need" for a tall WR go away?

...for the record, I'd be ecstatic if we were able to land him. Just seeing if this has crossed anyone else's mind.

I would not take anything away from him for bring 6-1. Cameron is a big target, but if Parker falls to 14 and the staff does not draft him, it shows how boneheaded our front office is and that the same incompetence we have been witnessing for the last 15+yrs. is going to be continuing for the foreseeable future.

I know his route running is smooth as silk and he's got wheels, but I always hear people discredit our WRs for all being similar heights. 6'0-6'1

Cooper at 6'1, would blend right in and I don't think he'd make much of a fade route target. Something the fan base has been clamoring for since we let BMarsh go.

I've been thinking about this for a while, but now that we have Cameron does our "need" for a tall WR go away?

...for the record, I'd be ecstatic if we were able to land him. Just seeing if this has crossed anyone else's mind.

you afraid of Antonio Brown, TY Hilton, Emmanuel Sanders, Odell Beckham Jr, Golden Tate heights???? they all dont touch 6'0''

He is plenty tall. Many examples of #1 receivers his size. Wayne, Jennings, Harvin, Bruce, Rice. He is a legit #1 outside receiver. I was actually happy with his size at the combine, thought he would be closer to 6' even.

I think the only possible knock on him was where he played, as in the talent he had around him at Alabama, you could argue its easy to put up numbers while you have 5 star recruits as TEs/recievers as your team-mates. Having said that, barring injury, he's a lock to be a star in the NFL, and will be long-gone by the time pick 14 rolls around.

you afraid of Antonio Brown, TY Hilton, Emmanuel Sanders, Odell Beckham Jr, Golden Tate heights???? they all dont touch 6'0''

They all had Martavis Bryant, Nicks/Fleener/Allen, D. Thomas/ J. Thomas, Donnell and Megatron respectively. My question was since we now have a jump ball target does that eleviate the need for a big bodied WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, I'm only afraid of the "big bad Wolf"

One thing I haven't seen discussed much about Parker.... Didn't he miss significant time due to injury each of the past two seasons???

People are overblowing our need for a "big receiver". Roberto Wallace was big. Get good players..worry about prototype size later

An issue I have with Cooper is that he won't block. He's playing for a coach who is notoriously demanding of his players and the guy still can barely bring himself to put his hands on the defender.

It's not the blocking itself that I have the problem with, per se - it's the idea he maybe considers it beneath him to do it. (And god knows we could do with a receiver on the Fins who actually blocks once in a while)

I really don't understand Finheavens fascination with big body WR's, I understand that in theory Tannehill could just throw it up to said WR and he could go up and get the ball, but overall would a big guy like that be a good fit for our fast paced/quick throw offense? I don't think so. Green bay has had great WR's without enormous size/catch radius.

I really think we are in great position this year to trade down from #14. Someone who is expected to go top 10 will slip to #14 and it would be great to trade down and select someone like Eric Kendricks in the 20's range and also receive an extra 2nd rounder.

Like I said, I would love to have Cooper.

You know as well as I do that there is ALWAYS a discussion about height on this board, and I was looking for those who would like taller receivers to weigh in on Cooper.

I'm of the opinion that great offenses like GB and NE and so on show you that height is not an absolute necessity.

I doubt Cooper will be there at #14. We can take DeVante Parker or Jaelen Strong,,,,both are taller.

Back
Top Bottom