Anyone Think Trading Up For Crabtree A Possibilty | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Think Trading Up For Crabtree A Possibilty

Shady27

DolFan 4 Life
Reaction score
I know now with Parcells staying on board, which is so great for us, that he likes to keep as many of his picks as possible. However, being that we're still considered to be in a "rebuilding" mode, giving up maybe a 2nd OR 3rd rd pick & a player to Seattle for that #4 pick seems a little more possible I believe. I mean I know we still need some key positions, especially the lines on both sides of the ball, but being where we're at, Crabtree would be a perfect fit in a team rebuilding like us. If Crabtree does slide down to that 4th pick held by Seattle, do you think we could have a chance of trading with them for that pick? Attempt to trade for that pick? And as a Dolfan, would you like to see that happen?

Several positions could be filled with FA in a month, & we still have other picks. Just think with an all around excellent WR, who is young & will be with us for a while can do for us. Crabtree isn't just a great WR, he's a player that comes around once every few years. I'm all for it, obviously. How about you? Opinions??

Moving up from 25 to Top 5 would require too much for a rebuilding team to give up for just one player so I would say the possibility is nil and none.

As much as I love Crabtree, there are far too many later round WRS that have become stars. OUr org loves picks like I love Combos....and i would NEVER give away combos

A move up to the #4 spot from the #25 spot would cost at least this year's and next year's first rounders, and probably another first day pick. That's just not gonna happen with this team at this point, let alone for a wide receiver.

not to mention the huge contract you'd have to give the #4 pick...

There is absolutely no way we could even afford to do this.
I love this little tool:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Its a draft value chart, teams actually use this during the draft.
The #4 slot is assigned: 1,800 points
This is the Seahawks slot. I think there is consensus (bascially every mock draft) that they will be taking Crabtree at #4
The #25 (Dolphins) is assigned: 720
We also have the #44: 460 and
#57:330

That only equals 1510. Therefore we would be looking at giving our #1 this year and presuably our #1 next year, for Crabtree, if not more.

If you are going to have to give 2 1's you might as well get a proven franchised WR (Boldin, TJ) then an unproven rookie.

So no I do not see this happening at all.
I guess there are other senerios if he does slip past #4, but I doubt he would get past the Raiders at 7, so you are looking at the same situation.

You also talk about trading some players. I hate to say it but there are few people on our team equilvalent to a 1st rounder. Jake and Ronnie are probably about the only 2 worthy of at least a 1st rounder. A maybe with Ginn,Henne(if desperate for QB) and Carey (if desperate for a tackle.)

Just to add, I do not think Crabtree is that special of a prospect. Calvin had much less questions coming out of college. Heck with an offer of 2 1's and a later rd pick (what it would take for Crabtree) the Lions may even bite on trading him. No this is not a good idea.

Sorry...

Just don't see any way Miami trades up for a WR unless he is cloned from Jerry Rice. I really cannot see Miami trading up in the draft for any position other than DT. Even then, it would be more of a long shot.

Kinda like betting on the Cards of 2000 to win it all.

I would love to have Crabtree...no other way to put it. But the only time Crabtree will be playing for Miami is when I trade for him in Madden.

Trading from #25 to #5 would likely cripple this team. We still have work to do to become elite, and the price(compensation and money) that would take to make the move for Crabtree is way to steep. I would love to get him, but at the same time, I would like to be able to draft 2 or 3 players in the first two rounds then one top 5 player.

It would be the very last thing that this regime would do for a number of reasons:

1. Trading up in general is not their cup of tea, they like to have as many draft picks as possible;

2. Grabbing receivers in the first round, also not their cup of tea, in my humble opinion;

3. Grabbing an underclassman, especially a sophomore, especially in the first round, also not this regime's cup of tea.

Three things working against the idea, which when you combine it with the fact that we don't even have the ammunition to move up into the top 5 range...it has a 0.0% chance of happening.

It would be the very last thing that this
2. Grabbing receivers in the first round, also not their cup of tea, in my humble opinion;

god I hope that is nobody's cup of tea

Matt Millen and Randy Meuller are washing cars while Pioli and Parcells load up on lineman.

IMO drafting a WR is like drafting a QB, how they adapt to the NFL is kinda a crapshoot

this will always stick with me, I heard on NFL Radio that while scouts are looking at 40 times, the coaches would prefer a 4.5 guy with hands who can "stick his foot in the ground"(what did Boldin run again?)

we can get a guy in round 4 or 5 who will contribute just as much as in year 1 as a guy in round 1

Not going to happen. Would cost way too much and BP and company do not usually trade up to get players. They'd be more likely to trade down a couple spots and get another pick. Personally I like Nicks (from NC) better at WR. But I'm not holding my breath that they would take him even if he was there at our pick. I think they have other plans for the first/second round picks. And let's not forget we got one of our better WR's last year (Bess) after the draft.

0% chance
+1
There is absolutely no chance. Parcells isn't an idiot. If you're going to spend so much to move into the top 5, you might as well spend it on a proven player like an Anquan Boldin, which won't happen either. I think the coaching staff is happy with who we have at WR, and if they feel the need to upgrade, it will be in FA or in the later rounds of the draft.

Less than Zero.

Great movie! Also the answer to this question. You haven't read any articles about the trifecta I bet.

Back
Top Bottom