Anyone Think Trading Up For Crabtree A Possibilty | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Think Trading Up For Crabtree A Possibilty

there is absolutely,positively,no way that happens...0% chance...should we grab a WR in this draft,it'll be in the later rounds,or undrafted FA like Bess...

We'd have to trade up to #3, and seeing what it would probably cost..I can't see us doing it.

Not a chance.

highly doubt we would be willing to lose many picks for rebuilding to do this.... and i highly doubt seattle will pass up Crabtree if he falls to them for this.

but.... i wouldn't mind getting Crabtree in any way at all :) but... it not the best for rebuilding once again

If Crabtree falls past the Raiders at 7 . . . then u start thinking about how far could he fall, but even still, u can draft Nicks at 25 more than likely . . . and he is similar to Crabtree, maybe even a bit faster.

The latest he would go is to 17 at the NYJ or truly the latest at 18 to the Bears. . . and that would take a miracle, so u would have to make a deal with San Diego at 16 . . . atleast we have history with them making deals.

Fact is he shouldn't get past Seattle at 4 or Oakland at 7. And if that is the case, we won't trade up . . . hell we wont trade up at 16, its not gonna happen. 0% chance like most people have said.

U do take him at 25, no question.

There is absolutely no way we could even afford to do this.
I love this little tool:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Its a draft value chart, teams actually use this during the draft.
The #4 slot is assigned: 1,800 points
This is the Seahawks slot. I think there is consensus (bascially every mock draft) that they will be taking Crabtree at #4
The #25 (Dolphins) is assigned: 720
We also have the #44: 460 and
#57:330

That only equals 1510. Therefore we would be looking at giving our #1 this year and presuably our #1 next year, for Crabtree, if not more.

If you are going to have to give 2 1's you might as well get a proven franchised WR (Boldin, TJ) then an unproven rookie.

So no I do not see this happening at all.
I guess there are other senerios if he does slip past #4, but I doubt he would get past the Raiders at 7, so you are looking at the same situation.

You also talk about trading some players. I hate to say it but there are few people on our team equilvalent to a 1st rounder. Jake and Ronnie are probably about the only 2 worthy of at least a 1st rounder. A maybe with Ginn,Henne(if desperate for QB) and Carey (if desperate for a tackle.)

Just to add, I do not think Crabtree is that special of a prospect. Calvin had much less questions coming out of college. Heck with an offer of 2 1's and a later rd pick (what it would take for Crabtree) the Lions may even bite on trading him. No this is not a good idea.

Don't follow that outdated chart of Jimmy Johnson's . . . I mean it definitely would take this #1 and next years and more . . . but remember alot of teams factor in that a first rounder next year is equivlant to a second rounder this year. Remember alot of teams will take less now to move down because they want to avoid paying a player those high *** salaries that comes with being a top 5 pick.

Really its just about unthinkable and impossible to make that trade. Crabtree is not Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald . . . he really is overrated IMO . . . plus he is plays in a system. Now maybe he is the truth, but just too many questions IMO to make that kind of risk. I wouldn't take him if I had the 4 pick honestly . . . not when a stud like Aaron Curry probably is there.

Back
Top Bottom