Anyone think we should just leave WR free agency alone and DRAFT our new WR's? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone think we should just leave WR free agency alone and DRAFT our new WR's?

With picks #1/#2 going to WR what combo would you like to see added to our WR group?

• Total voters
I agree we should defiantly sign some proven receivers but I would not be mad at all if we traded a sixth for Miles Austin and his CHEAP contract and draft Patterson and Hopkins. We would still have ALOT of money left in FA and another 2nd and two 3rds.

I think that we stockpiled on picks and positioned on cap room and gave away Marshall for a reason. I think we are grabbing a #1 in FA and drafting two guys in the first three rounds. Supposedly this draft is deep at tackle on both sides of the ball. Grab a DE/CB at 12, a difference maker. Then TE, WR, WR, OL/LB with the second and third rounders, in a BPA mode.

I'm officially on board. We have savvy vets in Bess and Hartline that can mentor our new guys.
I dont think we need Wallace or Jennings or even Austin.

If I was going to draft a WR pair it would be Cordarelle Patterson and Markus Wheaton.

I'd like to add Domenik Hixon, honestly, and would be fine if he was the only WR we did sign in FA. Sneaky deep speed, really good special teamer, can play wide or in the slot, and actually stepped up pretty good when called upon in NY.

I prefer to sign second/mid-level FAs in positions of need, so my FA list would be: Hixon, T Barry Richardson, DE Wallace Gilberry, CB DJ Moore, and CB Keenan Lewis (a top-tier guy I'd go after really hard).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take at DE or CB at 12 and draft Swope(Deep speed, familiarity with Tannehill) and T Austin(another Wess Welker), or Patton and T Austin(Wess Welker with more speed) in the 2nd and/or 3rd rounds.
I say "NO" to FA receivers.
I would sign TE Finley and have a great TE combo with Fasano/Finley. Use that saved money to sign Long, Smith, and Bush.
Let the veterans Hartline, Bess, and Binns school up Swope and T Austin. Throw Richard Matthews in there as a wildcard. He could surprise this year.

In the long run, drafting would be the way to go. Many including myself are simply beat up from one losing season after another and hope for a "quicker" fix.

I would take at DE or CB at 12 and draft Swope(Deep speed, familiarity with Tannehill) and T Austin(another Wess Welker), or Patton and T Austin(Wess Welker with more speed) in the 2nd and/or 3rd rounds.
I say "NO" to FA receivers.
I would sign TE Finley and have a great TE combo with Fasano/Finley. Use that saved money to sign Long, Smith, and Bush.
Let the veterans Hartline, Bess, and Binns school up Swope and T Austin. Throw Richard Matthews in there as a wildcard. He could surprise this year.

I am with you Langer- the more i weigh the cost versus potential improvement i want this team to stay young. One vet WR isn't going to all of a sudden have a
"Peyton Manning" type impact. Bess and Hartline are very intelligent players and seem willing to teach a young guy all they know. I kind of started this thread out of off season boredom but the more i consider it the more appealing it gets. I think Coradelle Patterson has little to no chance of being the type of cerebral WR that our coach wants. I am hoping for a little thunder and lightning approach (one tall +200 pounder, and one sub 200 shifty WR.

And what about Swope- MAN!!! that kid burned up the forty!

why isnt Justin Hunter in the second round conversation

IF we don't sign Wallace or Jennings, the two WRs I want to see in a Phins uniform this year are Tavon Austin and Swope. First round and second round.

LD

Back
Top Bottom