Anyone think we should just leave WR free agency alone and DRAFT our new WR's? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone think we should just leave WR free agency alone and DRAFT our new WR's?

With picks #1/#2 going to WR what combo would you like to see added to our WR group?

• Total voters
Ive thought the same. Hartline can teach our new guys. If we draft Patterson and another WR with our second or third round picks, that would free up the cap space to sign Long and Smith......and maybe pick up another solid CB or DE in FA or the draft.

I know there is a lot of speculation about Smith and Long, but we cant let solid players go so that we can simply draft their replacement. Thats just breaking even when we need to be adding more solid players. Besides, Im NOT convinced that Long has lost it.......he's been playing injured and he was the top LT just a couple years ago. Talent doesnt diminish with LT's that quickly when they are that young. And Ill agree, Smith is not an elite #1 CB......but he could be if we had more QB pressures from another DE and a solid CB on the other side of the field.

I think we all agree, everyone's success can be heavily influenced by other players contributions. We are only a few players away from being a deep playoff threat, IMO.

But who knows, maybe Ireland can get all our FA's signed and pick up a FA WR and draft some studs........cause I just saw a pig fly.

Keenan Allen will not be participating at the combine due to a posterior cruciate ligament.

can you say stock dropping rapidly?

No. The more holes filled via free agency, the more flexible the draft strategy.

Ideally, you'd bring in Jennings for around 7 mil. But I'm not offering any of these guys what they think they're worth. I'd rather miss out on this FA class of WR's than overspend. Overspending will likely set us back for years. Hartline is the last guy I'd sign. Patterson and Bailey would be my choice from that list - maybe my favorite duo overall. The next would be Patterson and Wheaton. I prefer Wheaton to Bailey - not by a wide margin - but I think Patterson/Bailey would better compliment one and other.

Ideally, you'd bring in Jennings for around 7 mil. But I'm not offering any of these guys what they think they're worth. I'd rather miss out on this FA class of WR's than overspend. Overspending will likely set us back for years. Hartline is the last guy I'd sign. Patterson and Bailey would be my choice from that list - maybe my favorite duo overall. The next would be Patterson and Wheaton. I prefer Wheaton to Bailey - not by a wide margin - but I think Patterson/Bailey would better compliment one and other.

J this is an approach i could get on board with. I just don't want to be handcuffed to a WR in the twilight of his career or one tbhat knows he got paid and gets lazy. It has happened often in the NFL. Patterson and Wheaton -------ZOOOOOMMMM!!!! speedy

Ireland's job is on the line. We need to win games and relying on rookie WRs isn't the answer. Sure we will draft one and probably do so early, but we need to land a premier WR in FA or trade or we are ****ed.

Ireland's job is on the line. We need to win games and relying on rookie WRs isn't the answer. Sure we will draft one and probably do so early, but we need to land a premier WR in FA or trade or we are ****ed.

Through some of the comments he's made, he isn't going into this off season like his job's on the line. I mean, we know he's full of it to some extent, but that comment on the lack of value at the high end of FA seemed to me to be truthful. Of course, his problem has been just wasting money on guys that sucked or stayed hurt. Way too many misses in that 4-6-per range. I think he believes that he'll keep his job if the team shows solid growth. Unless he pulls off one hell of an off season (savvy in FA and a HR draft), I won't want to keep Ireland, but I hope that he approaches the season like his job is relatively secure.

Where's the option of Patton and Stedman Baily? Both can be had in the 2nd round. or I also would mind Robert woods and Baily. I would rather draft a WR in the 2nd round, there is just no slam dunk WR in this draft. But there are good value WR's that can be had in the 2nd and 3rd round

and Markus wheaton and patton/baily/woods. Cant go wrong with those guys in the 2nd

It makes a lot of sense to go through the draft with the talent this class offers. However, if I'm Jeff Ireland with my job on the line, I would definitely look to add a high-end veteran wide receiver. It's difficult for a rookie wide receiver in the NFL so even if the guy could eventually be great you might not get much production year 1.

Where's the option of Patton and Stedman Baily? Both can be had in the 2nd round. or I also would mind Robert woods and Baily. I would rather draft a WR in the 2nd round, there is just no slam dunk WR in this draft. But there are good value WR's that can be had in the 2nd and 3rd round

Sorry man, i thought 12 options might be a little long so i stopped there. Just the thought of the POSSIBILITY of a combo like the ones in the poll AND the one you stated gets me pumped!

I voted for Patterson/Hopkins just because that would be a dream scenario. Almost do way Hopkins is available with our 2nd pick, but if he is and we haven't signed a big FA WR, that would be incredible!

Ideally I'd like to do both. Grab an instant #1 veteran to train the young WR's and give our passing game the oompf it so desperately needs now. This is why I see Jennings as perfect. Seamless transition and takes our budding passing game and hits the turbo switch. Then add 1 or 2 deep threats to push the defense back and open up the running lanes. This makes Tannehill's excellent play action passing very effective and provides a downfield target for chunk yardage and TD's outside of the red zone.

But, if we do not add a veteran star to be our #1, our offense will improve incrementally rather than exponentially. It does leave us with many good options for other FA's like Levitre, Vollmer, Nnamdi Asamghoua (sp?), or another top CB prospect. Frankly, I can't see us not landing either Jennings or Wallace.

I want to draft TWO WRs in the first few rounds even if we get a FA.

By now most of you know Stedman Bailey would be my top priority in the draft. I also see the kid from Baylor as great value in round 2 or 3.

Is NFL replaying the first hour of the combine already?

Back
Top Bottom