Anyone watching NFL Network Sr. Bowl Practices? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone watching NFL Network Sr. Bowl Practices?

arydolphin

Scout Team
Reaction score
I just got done watching the North team's practice from Monday, looks like someone in Dolphins colors came right up to Leon Hall after practice was over. Of course, he's on the radar so it's not something to make a huge deal out of, but it's still interesting. FWIW, Mayock thought that Hall had a good day of practice, and also liked the work that Okoye did in the 1-on-1 drills. Okoye only weighed in at 287 lbs, so he won't be a 3-4 NT, but could be a really quick DT in a 4-3 scheme.

I caught some of it and liked what I saw in Levi Brown in terms of his footwork. I also noticed Hall & Okoye. We will get a stud @ our spot!

from looking at different sourcs, here's what I got.

The Phins talked to Leon Hall immediatly after drills. Despite what most people think, he's not a bad(or overrated) CB. Mayock even said that scouts have only seen him give up two big plays all season.

Okoye might fall a bit because of him weighing 280 something, which means he won't play NT right away. But he's still a mid 1st rounder because of potential.

If Levi Brown keeps practicing like he did today, he could work his way up to the top 10, but he did struggle a little against the best speed rusher (Anthony Spencer). Scouts are still iffy of him being a LT, but with a good week that could change.

Other players Phin scouts were rumored to have met with:
Rufus Alexander LB, OU
Anthony Spencer DE/OLB, Purdue
Johnnie Lee Higgins WR, UTEP
Tony Ugoh OT, Arkansas
Levi Brown OT, Penn State
Ryan Khalil C, USC
Chris Leak QB, Florida
Amobi Okoye DT, Louisville
Manuel Ramirez OG, Texas Tech
Marshal Yanda OT/OG, Iowa
Jason Hill WR, Washington State

Those are all the names I could find linked with the Fins today, but more probably happened since players meet with scouts and coaching staffs all the time from now until draft day.

I just got done watching the North team's practice from Monday, looks like someone in Dolphins colors came right up to Leon Hall after practice was over. Of course, he's on the radar so it's not something to make a huge deal out of, but it's still interesting. FWIW, Mayock thought that Hall had a good day of practice, and also liked the work that Okoye did in the 1-on-1 drills. Okoye only weighed in at 287 lbs, so he won't be a 3-4 NT, but could be a really quick DT in a 4-3 scheme.
yeah, I saw that guy in dolphins color come up to Leon Hall, Anybody knows who this is? As a michigan fan, I like if we picked him. The only real downside I saw from the years watching him is he plays very risky. He bites on the pump fake a lot, but his speed made up for it in college(won't be able to get away with that in the nfl). He does have some great hands and recovers very well. All in all he be a good pick esp. since our secondary so weak.

yeah, I saw that guy in dolphins color come up to Leon Hall, Anybody knows who this is? As a michigan fan, I like if we picked him. The only real downside I saw from the years watching him is he plays very risky. He bites on the pump fake a lot, but his speed made up for it in college(won't be able to get away with that in the nfl). He does have some great hands and recovers very well. All in all he be a good pick esp. since our secondary so weak.

I wouldn't say Hall played risky. His one big flaw in his game that I saw id he'll give too much of a cushion to the WR sometimes, but that's normally on slant patters so he can run in and make the hit. The big thing with all though is he's a great tackler.

As for who talked to him, probably a scout or defensive assistant. As I posted earlier, from now until draft day coaches and their staff will meet with players all the time, and the senior bowl can be a big implication on who a team favors (A couple years ago it became evident that Schotty wanted Rivers, 2 years ago everybody knew Gruden wanted Caddy, last year it was the Browns with Wimbley and the Eaglers with Bunkley)

Rufus Alexander LB, OU
Tony Ugoh OT, Arkansas
Ryan Khalil C, USC
Chris Leak QB, Florida

Leak?? No please no!

I wouldn't say Hall played risky. His one big flaw in his game that I saw id he'll give too much of a cushion to the WR sometimes, but that's normally on slant patters so he can run in and make the hit. The big thing with all though is he's a great tackler.

As for who talked to him, probably a scout or defensive assistant. As I posted earlier, from now until draft day coaches and their staff will meet with players all the time, and the senior bowl can be a big implication on who a team favors (A couple years ago it became evident that Schotty wanted Rivers, 2 years ago everybody knew Gruden wanted Caddy, last year it was the Browns with Wimbley and the Eaglers with Bunkley)
yeah he is a very good for run support. I remember him making some nices hits.

Rufus Alexander LB, OU
Tony Ugoh OT, Arkansas
Ryan Khalil C, USC
Chris Leak QB, Florida

Leak?? No please no!

relax dude, I said rumored too. Leon Hall is the only guy for sure that we met with (since our rep went up to him right after practice and was caught on camera) the rest could be pure BS, I'm just posting what I've heard around the net.

Scott Wright is going to post an artile later tonight about who he saw meet with who. If it's up tonight, I'll post who we met with for sure, if not, I'll do it tomarrow.

Rufus Alexander LB, OU
Tony Ugoh OT, Arkansas
Ryan Khalil C, USC
Chris Leak QB, Florida

Leak?? No please no!

Yeah because interview = automatic draft.

edit: Or possibly saying " Hey if you don't get drafted, come try out for us. You might get a roster spot! "

Or more than likely " If you're available in the 6th round, we'll look you up "

Rufus Alexander LB, OU
Tony Ugoh OT, Arkansas
Ryan Khalil C, USC
Chris Leak QB, Florida

Leak?? No please no!

Did it ever occur to you that they only met with him to congratulate him on winning the national championship.

I watched it, and Levi Brown looked a little slow against Anthony Spencer, but remember he hasnt played @ game speed since Jan 1. He dominated LaMar Woodley in 1 on 1's, and could move up. Okoye looked quick, but did get locked up a couple times by Mauel Ramirez. Still alot to see before we know anymore, but i think we will look hard @ QB's over the next few days. Stanton, Kolb, and Palko will all get looks 2morow.

Back
Top Bottom