Anything But A Qb With The #1!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anything But A Qb With The #1!!!!!

DubVman

Starter
Reaction score
I'm getting sick of all the Matt Ryan talk.......IMO we dont need a QB and I don't want a QB at #1 that high up in the draft all I can think about anyway is Tim Couch, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler............MATT RYAN

What if he is actually closer to Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, and Ben Roethlisberger. Would that change your mind?

If he was as good in college as them Yeah, fact is he was wildly inconsistant and we shouldnt expect anything but MORE inconsistancy at the next level

I disagree. I feel he is very consistent. What is not consistent are his wide receivers who can consistently catch the ball or separate. A large portion of his interceptions were on his receivers.

He is very accurate with great poise and toughness. As I said in another post, Carson Palmer was as or more inconsistent until he got some talent around him his senior year. How has that worked out?

The skills set is what is more important. Not the stats.

I guess we'll see in a few years obviously your on the Ryan Bandwagon and I'm far from it. Neither of us is right niether of us is wrong its all opinion. What I don't understand and if you could explain to me that'd be great is why have you given up on Beck already???? Parcells is keeping him around and has even declared already McCown #2 now what would give you any impression that he'll draft a QB at #1 overall if he has already declared a 2nd year QB the starter and brought in an above average veteran to back him up?????

I have not given up on Beck. Yet, the reality is that the draft is about drafting the best player on the board at a position of need. I think Ryan is the best player on the board and I think everyone would agree quarterback is a position of need until someone steps up.

Also, that declaration that McCown is the number two does not make any sense. So, Mortenson is saying that Beck is going to compete with someone else for the starting job. Then, the person who loses this competition is going to be the third quarterback? That's illogical.

Miami needed a quarterback with some skins on the wall. McCown was the best veteran on the market. They made the smart move by adding him.

The reality is that Miami will not reach that next level until they find a quarterback. Given that, I don't see why adding Ryan, a player who I believe has everything needed to be a great player, would be a bad idea.

It would be a bad idea because of the immense talent at other positions that you can't make up for later in the draft. Jake Long, Chris Long, Dorsey, Ellis, all I believe are better overall prospects than Ryan and all fill a position of need. My first choice is to trade the pick but if we keep it I'd take any of those 4 over Ryan........I'd even take McFadden over Ryan because IMO all are better prospects with less risk.

I would argue that only Chris Long and Glenn Dorsey represent "immense" talent. And, given the recent news about Dorsey's stress fracture, I think Long is the only one who could realistically be drafted number one overall. (Outside of Matt Ryan of course)

Also, it is my opinion that McFadden is highly, highly overrated by the media. He has tons of holes in his game. I think Jake Long and Sedrick Ellis are overrated as well, but not to the level that McFadden is.

It also doesnt help that I'm on the Flacco bandwagon.....can't help but drool over his rocket arm and Ginn's speed. Flacco could be had in the 2nd or POSSIBLY 3rd round. Ryan just doesn't excite me, nothing about him really does and I can't see him being worth the #1

Jim Druckenmiller and Akili Smith and so on and so forth had rocket arms too.

Arm strength is by far the most overvalued trait in the eyes of the fan and the media.

Ryan has the skills quarterbacks need to succeed at the next level. Accuracy, poise, toughness and intelligence. In addition, he can make every throw on the field.

Plus, he actually played against good players in college.

We should take Henne of Michigan with our 2B pick.

What if he is actually closer to Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, and Ben Roethlisberger. Would that change your mind?

if if if, we need a reliable choice and there are only 3 first pick's worth players: 1) Jake Long 2) Vernon Gholston 3) Chris Long

I am just glad I am not the GM or the one making the decision.

We can/will sit here and second guess for the next 50 years no matter who they choose.

Me.... I would prefer to trade down, but still before the jets.

I would argue that Jake Long and Vernon Gholston are less reliable than Matt Ryan. Especially Jake Long.

Chris Long is more reliable, but I still rate Matt Ryan higher.

Also, I would prefer to trade down as well. Problem is, that is much easier said than done.

Back
Top Bottom