AP All-American Team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP All-American Team

Wow, I wonder how the "BEST" conference, The SEC with the fastest, most athletic athletes only managed to grab five spots on the First Team AP All American. And the crappy Big 10 with crap players and teams managed to nearly double the SEC in First, Second, and Third Team All American votes...

Weird.:)

OSUDauby said:
Wow, I wonder how the "BEST" conference, The SEC with the fastest, most athletic athletes only managed to grab five spots on the First Team AP All American. And the crappy Big 10 with crap players and teams managed to nearly double the SEC in First, Second, and Third Team All American votes...

because, Dauby, SEC Speed and dominance is a myth.... they are 1-1 on big OOC games......

What Florida fans want is special rules.... they don't want to believe that Ohio State is the best team in the nation, or that they should be ranked #1 (com'on Flroida, you know you're thinking it) because they think the big ten is overrated.

But they still want the SEC (ranked by the same people) to be considered the best...even though they play nobody but themselves......

Ohio State is much too talented, too well coached, and to physical up front. The speed difference, which I even doubt there is, is miniscule.

I haven't made a final prediction yet....but 35-10 Buckeyes is my preliminary score

OSUDauby said:

My argument to that is Penn. State had like 5 all americans between all 3 teams, yet they are an above average team at best. Just because you have stellar individual players does not mean you are the best team. It helps, but it is not the end all, be all.

TroySmith10 said:
because, Dauby, SEC Speed and dominance is a myth.... they are 1-1 on big OOC games......

What Florida fans want is special rules.... they don't want to believe that Ohio State is the best team in the nation, or that they should be ranked #1 (com'on Flroida, you know you're thinking it) because they think the big ten is overrated.

But they still want the SEC (ranked by the same people) to be considered the best...even though they play nobody but themselves......

Ohio State is much too talented, too well coached, and to physical up front. The speed difference, which I even doubt there is, is miniscule.

I haven't made a final prediction yet....but 35-10 Buckeyes is my preliminary score
TroySmith,
First and foremost...congrats on the Heisman Trophy win...I knew that it would be yours BEFORE the season started.
Second, my post was just a joke....I know that the Big 10 is a better conference. In every category, the Big 10 has proven to be a better conference. And the speed thing IS a myth. The fastest player in the nation plays in the Big 10...Ted Ginn, Jr. And Anthony Gonzolez is not too far behind.

The best QB in the Nation....Big 10 (Ohio State)(Troy Smith)
The best WR Core in the Nation...Big 10 (Ohio State)(Ginn, Gonzo, Robo, Hall, Robinski)
The best RB's in the Nation....Big 10 (Combination)(Hart, Pittman, Hill)
The best defenses in the Nation....Big 10 (Cobination)(i.e.-Michigan, Ohio State)(Woodley, Pit****, Lauranitus, Posluszny, Conner, Hall, Jenkins, etc., etc., etc....

I mean on paper...the Big 10 is better/stronger/deeper....
In real life....just look at the polls....#1 OSU, #3 Michigan, #5 Wisconsin....
END OF STORY....

It's going to be soooo sweet when:
Ohio State wins...
Michigan wins....
Wisconsin wins...
and
LSU loses....

Then we'll see the Big 10 #'s 1,2, and 3 in the nation.

Stitches said:
My argument to that is Penn. State had like 5 all americans between all 3 teams, yet they are an above average team at best. Just because you have stellar individual players does not mean you are the best team. It helps, but it is not the end all, be all.
Well your answer to that is Penn State only lost to:
#1 Ohio state
#2/3 Michigan
#5 Wisconsin
#12 Notre Dame

Show me one team whose schedule remotely resembles that S.O.S....
There is only so much you can do when you play teams that are better. And Penn State did all they could. There is no way that Penn State could have won any of those games.

OSUDauby said:
TroySmith,
First and foremost...congrats on the Heisman Trophy win...I knew that it would be yours BEFORE the season started.
Second, my post was just a joke....I know that the Big 10 is a better conference. In every category, the Big 10 has proven to be a better conference. And the speed thing IS a myth. The fastest player in the nation plays in the Big 10...Ted Ginn, Jr. And Anthony Gonzolez is not too far behind.

The best WR Core in the Nation...Big 10 (Ohio State)(Ginn, Gonzo, Robo, Hall, Robinski)
The best defenses in the Nation....Big 10 (Cobination)(i.e.-Michigan, Ohio State)(Woodley, Pit****, Lauranitus, Posluszny, Conner, Hall, Jenkins, etc., etc., etc....

END OF STORY....

Ohio State wins...
Michigan wins....
Wisconsin wins...
and
LSU loses....

I think Higgins from (I believe) UTEP, is faster than Ginn. He certainly doesn't have the surroundings Ginn does to succeed, or neccessarrily the skills when the ball is in his hands. But as far as foot speed, I'm pretty sure he is faster.

TroySmith10 said:

I hear more OSU fans talk about how the Big Ten is overrated than I do ANYONE else. You guys are drama queens.

OSUDauby said:
Well your answer to that is Penn State only lost to:
#1 Ohio state
#2/3 Michigan
#5 Wisconsin
#12 Notre Dame

Show me one team whose schedule remotely resembles that S.O.S....
There is only so much you can do when you play teams that are better. And Penn State did all they could. There is no way that Penn State could have won any of those games.

Should.

just because the media is in love with the Big 10 doesn't mean there aren't more deserving SEC players that should make the all-american team.

OSUDauby said:
TroySmith,

END OF STORY....

Ohio State wins...
Michigan wins....
Wisconsin wins...
and
LSU loses....

So your saying that because your conference has 3 decent teams they are the best? That would make them top heavy IMO. Top to bottom the SEC is the top conference with the Big Ten not far behind and the Pac 10, ACC, Big East, and Big 12 being solid as well. Your posts drip with bias as to how you side with certain teams only when it benefits your argument.

Motion said:
So your saying that because your conference has 3 decent teams they are the best? That would make them top heavy IMO. Top to bottom the SEC is the top conference with the Big Ten not far behind and the Pac 10, ACC, Big East, and Big 12 being solid as well. Your posts drip with bias as to how you side with certain teams only when it benefits your argument.

Bias post? Maybe...
But, I'm just trying to compensate for this entire web site's bias. Unless you have something GREAT to say about Miami, UF, FSU, the SEC or anything to do with the entire state of Florida you are wrong.
This place is mostly made up of drones who all think the same.
The Miami head coaching job for instance....I read very little of the post, but everyone was like..."Great hire...yada, yada, yada."

Great hire?!? I've never heard of the guy and he takes over what is supposed to be "The U"??? I thought the hire was a joke....but of course, I'm wrong because I don't root for UM.
The fact of the matter is that Shannon will be out of a job in less than 4 seasons.

OSUDauby said:
Great hire?!? I've never heard of the guy and he takes over what is supposed to be "The U"??? I thought the hire was a joke....but of course, I'm wrong because I don't root for UM.
The fact of the matter is that Shannon will be out of a job in less than 4 seasons.
i know, because miami has had a long history of hiring name guys.

Motion said:
I hear more OSU fans talk about how the Big Ten is overrated than I do ANYONE else. You guys are drama queens.

I don't think the Big Ten is a gauntlet of pain and suffering..... it has talented teams, and it has bad teams.... just like every other conference....

But you can't tell me that that Bama, Missisippi, or Vandy are any better or worse than the bottom of the Big ten... Michigan state isn't even a bad team, they just had an insane coach. Michigan, Penn State, and Wisconsin could play with Tennesee, Georgia, and Kentucky....

Beasically you have 2 really good teams (Florida and LSU) and two decent teams (Auburn and Arkansas) .......

And I know you don't want to hear it (because it proves you wrong) but if you go .500 as a conference against meaningful OOC games it doens't say that much to prop you up.

Sorry.....SEC is a tp tier conference....they aren't ahead or behind any of the other top tier conferences anywhere but thier owns minds. Southern people are funny that way.....

OSUDauby said:
Bias post? Maybe...
But, I'm just trying to compensate for this entire web site's bias. Unless you have something GREAT to say about Miami, UF, FSU, the SEC or anything to do with the entire state of Florida you are wrong.
This place is mostly made up of drones who all think the same.
The Miami head coaching job for instance....I read very little of the post, but everyone was like..."Great hire...yada, yada, yada."

Well thats obvious, there were plenty of criticisms of that hire. I happen to agree with your assessment on that particular topic.

I don't think your wrong when you talk anything Florida related, but there is clearly a difference between opinion and facts.

Back
Top Bottom