Apologies to "Press Coverage" thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Apologies to "Press Coverage" thread

touborg said:
I love the "But he didn't name a source, so I can bash him" posts. What do you think happens to the source if he names it? Think Saban will storm into his office with a big cake, thanking him for giving away information prematurely?

Of course he can't name his sources you idiots.

I love the irony. You say it was wrong for us to bash him, then you call us idiots. Way to violate the TOS.

byroan said:
I love the irony. You say it was wrong for us to bash him, then you call us idiots. Way to violate the TOS.

:lol:

Press Coverage, I missed the whole beginning of this drama and I likely would have posted something with a disbelieving tone so, I'm just going to go ahead and apologize also. :cooldude:

This is unreal, i like most did not belive it or did not want to belive it, but you sorry slackers that jumped all over this guy should feel like idiots and hold your nasty post till you have checked into the mans word. You guys should just enjoy the Dolphins and stop being such jerks all the time...

JT will be traded on Mon. to the Raiders for an undisclosed player. I just signed up today and have no sources but you must believe me and tells others to believe me because people never lie.

Forum is full of a$$hole$. The man is obviously a Dolphins fan, and new to the forum. He didn't neccessarily know the protocol for breaking news (must include a link). He was just excited to be a part of the fun - which is after all what this forum is about.

Point being - he is a fellow Dolphins fan and a lot of people jumped down his throat for a rookie mistake. That's just messed up and all of you who did it should consider what this forum is about and why you post here: to interact with other fans. Not punish them.

HVACservice said:
I missed this entire episode, but I did read that thread twice.

I dont think it was that bad.

I do not think anyone was particularly cruel. Its just the internet. If you post "big news" in any forum, that covers any topic, you had better understand that people will want a source. If you dont have one, coupled with the fact that you only have ONE POST in that forum.......people are going to burn you at the stake.

Press knew he would get "flamed" for posting that without credibility (posts) or a specific source(link).

He also knew he would have four threads apologizing to him the next day.

Brilliant!

Welcome aboard Press......[/QUOTE]

I believe HVAC is correct :cooldude:
Press was like a Matador taunting the aggressive, but not to bright bull, and yes, brilliant, welcome aboard. :lol:

byroan said:

There is about 5 pages of thrashing and you're talking to me about TOS? Hypocrite.

This is why I come here many times a day but never post!! You guys need to get a life. You don't have all the answers. And we don't need all the rejects released or not drafted. Learn to get along[

cnc66 said:
HVACservice said:
I missed this entire episode, but I did read that thread twice.

I dont think it was that bad.

I do not think anyone was particularly cruel. Its just the internet. If you post "big news" in any forum, that covers any topic, you had better understand that people will want a source. If you dont have one, coupled with the fact that you only have ONE POST in that forum.......people are going to burn you at the stake.

Press knew he would get "flamed" for posting that without credibility (posts) or a specific source(link).

He also knew he would have four threads apologizing to him the next day.

Brilliant!

Welcome aboard Press......[/QUOTE]

I believe HVAC is correct :cooldude:
Press was like a Matador taunting the aggressive, but not to bright bull, and yes, brilliant, welcome aboard. :lol:

Seriously if you post any information on here that could be fishy without a link you our most likely gonna get called out. It seems to me that press has friends that work for the Sun-Sent. and he got the information a couple of hours early. He couldn't even name the paper that he believed the article would be in the next day. After a welcome to the boards and a short apology we can get to flaming the next 20 posters that start a false thread.. GreenMonster

gacane said:
This is why I come here many times a day but never post!! You guys need to get a life. You don't have all the answers. And we don't need all the rejects released or not drafted. Learn to get along[

Not the best way to start the "learning to get along" by saying people need to get a life, bro.

i wasn't here when it happened, but if he just registered to post a news story with no credible source, he deserved the bashing. however, he wasn't lying, so at least give him credit for having the story first. but you shouldn't have to apologize, unless you called him some horrific things.

BTW, it really sucks that poole is out for the year.

Phinz4Life said:
If you go and read my posts, I'm not defending those that started insulting him majorly. I'm defending those who became scapegoats for just questioning his news because of a lack of a source.

Once again, what does age have to do with this? It's below my avatar, I have no reason to hide my age, but to label me based on age alone, I'd say thats rather immature.

You're side stepping now......you initially stated no one on finheaven was wrong for their comments. Now you're changing your story to only defend those who were skeptical of his post. Pick a side and stick w/it.

As for the maturity comment, age a lot times is correlated w/maturity (not always). I did not initially "label" you because of your age but on your comments alone. Needless to say seeing that you're 17 didn't surprise me.

Back
Top Bottom