are Sparano and Ireland Micro-managers?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are Sparano and Ireland Micro-managers??

Jersey DolFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
i understand the whole "churn the bottom of the roster" thing. But i dont understand. why all the cuts/re-signing and what not with the same players? why the hell do you take one of the best lines in football and totally change it?? and not even retain any proven back ups?? I feel like these guys go too far - why not cut grove on CUT DAY and keep procter??? do they think they are slick? they need to get a set of guys and start getting ready to win some football games. I just dont get the whole musical chairs crap and the o-line posistion. I dont get putting will allen on IR only to start Jason Allen b/c Sean Smith looks horrible. They cant lock down a FS. The funny thing, is everytime they do something that looks just dumb. Tony comes on and says "we got better" and most fans eat it up. face it - these guys are micro-managing - they have more fun shaping and re-shaping things every year than building a contender. extending guys like Cam and Smiley only to get rid of them? drafting pat white FOR WHAT REASON? a developing QB?? thats what Tony said and thats F'n B.S.!! Henne and White are nothing alike...its not like white was the back up plan so stop the crap Tony. I've gotten more and more annoyed at Sparano's mannerisms and speeches during press conferences too. always being arrogant "im not discussing this or that" its not like you've gotten past the first round of the playoffs...your not Bellicheck so stop acting like it. I am just really starting to get tired of the run around. Now next year, we'll be re-building the RB position and who knows what else. its never ending with these guys. Basically, the Grove thing pissed me off today b/c if they had initially done it than i understand - but why r they doing it today? it makes no sense - its pointless. You ppl can be optomistic all you like, but i saw a weak o-Line all pre-season. Horrible run blocking, Disgusting pass protection, and a QB who sounds like hes reciting memorized Tony Sparano Lines at press conferences. I hope you enjoy a decent win this sunday..but we will start getting handled in week 2 and beyond... by the looks of this schedule we will be at or below .500 again this year. and we will miss the playoffs. "Doom and Gloom" me all you want...i am kussually much more postive...and am pumped about sunday...but i am not stupid...this team is not a contender. and its b/c of tony and jeff's ridiculous Micro-Management.

What cracks me up about these threads is that about 80% of them never get posted if Henne had completed a few more passes in preseason, or Ronnie & Ricky had run the ball like they actually cared.

That's not a judgement on the validity of the complaints, just that more people would be cheerleading the same moves by our FO if we put up killer numbers in the fake games of August, or had the media blowing the team through the offseason like the Jets.

"why the hell do you take one of the best lines in football and totally change it?? and not even retain any proven back ups??"

Let me ask you, who built that line? Because it's the same people who are re-building it. Why would you NOT trust the people who were smart enought to build such a good line in the first place to make it better? Younger ... Cheaper.

Somebody watched too much Hard Knocks, is upset that FO did not sign enough high priced "name" free agents, and that Sparano does not give the Injury report 3 days before it is due? Sparano does not drop enough F bombs for you? Call me crazy isn't Ireland's and Sparano's job to manage the team? If they were not managing it , who would? You?

every coach dose this if they want to be successful in the NFL

Somebody watched too much Hard Knocks, is upset that FO did not sign enough high priced "name" free agents, and that Sparano does not give the Injury report 3 days before it is due? Sparano does not drop enough F bombs for you? Call me crazy isn't Ireland's and Sparano's job to manage the team? If they were not managing it , who would? You?

your are so off its not even funny.

i'm talking about decimating our depth in the trenches and doing un-needed personel moves like waiting to cut grove and re-sign procter. and the major whifs that TS tries to b.s. about.

Agreed. I think (Jets GM) Tannenbaum is a decent guy. I think they are loading up on big names because they feel they are really close. I wonder what happens if Cincy and Indy don't lay down weeks 16 & 17 of the 09 regular season?

Sanchez is a work in progress. If he falters or Edwards or Holmes resume their antics then the jets will crash and burn.

Rex's mouth and bravado is te leading candidate to bring the jets down.

That being said, Tony IMO is taking better approach in terms of media relations.

It seems that Miami has tried, in the past, bringing big names and it has self destructed. As for Gibril, Grove, Wilford, etc... the FA's signed have been stop gaps. It would have been nice had they been good. Why, though, keep 'em if Miami is not getting value for the money?

The only constant in life is change and the trick I've found is not to change for the sake of change or refuse to do so but make necessary tweaks as you go. Bottom line; Ireland is doing a decent job.

The Cowboys (thanks in part to Bill, Jeff, & Tony) are doing well and still ascending. If not for a micro-managing owner tey'd be doing much better.

How long will it take the phins? Wko knows? truthfully, there is no exact, precise answer. Al Michaels said last night that it took the Saints 4 yrs after S Payton arrived to raise the Lombardi Trophy. It's ironic that the catalyst was hiring an aggressive D Co-ord.

i'm talking about decimating our depth in the trenches and doing un-needed personel moves like waiting to cut grove and re-sign procter. and the major whifs that TS tries to b.s. about.

What depth in the trenches was decimated? Please point to all the productive depth that was let go. Was it the 3 tackles and 0 sacks that Grant had during his 4 preseason games that you are missing? Letting go of Grove to resign Proctor, that is your beef? Because you can make better decisions on O line play then Sparano? Grove could not stay healthy, did not play guard, and was beat out by Joe Berger. That kind of depth? Donald Thomas? Has anyone picked him up since we cut him? Have you bothered to ask why, he has been available for a week. Every Front Office makes mistakes. Isn't it better to admit a mistake by cutting that player (Pat White, Patrick Turner) then to keep hoping they will turn it around (Roy Williams in Dallas)? Would you rather the Fins hold on to unproductive veterans and have them sitting on the bench? Would that make you feel better?

There's so much behind-the-scenes stuff you are not privy to. If you did, you'd say: "Oh, I see now".
Like waiting to cut Grove, and re-signing Procter:
They almost certainly did that timing due to the possibility of TRADING Grove, which didn't pan out obviously. But, they had to keep him on the 53-man roster to keep the appearance to other teams that we were keeping (not cutting) him, to entice a trade possibility. When we got no takers, we cut him and picked Procter back up.
This was the plan from the start (and probably told Procter that we'd re-sign him soon - after Grove's situation was played out in a few more days).

Geez, people, just because it's not transparent, doesn't means there's no ryhme or reason to their moves. They have a plan. They are not newbies fresh off the street..... Geez.

"why the hell do you take one of the best lines in football and totally change it?? and not even retain any proven back ups??"

Let me ask you, who built that line? Because it's the same people who are re-building it. Why would you NOT trust the people who were smart enought to build such a good line in the first place to make it better? Younger ... Cheaper.

If you think the phins have OL problems; what about the Colts? The Bills? Dallas has issues @ OT. The Niners have 2 rookies starting. The Pats have OL issues.

To ad to Mile High's point, they also probably cut Grove before the season because if he was on the roster after week 1, his salary for the season would be guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom