Are The Dolphins and Tua Further Apart Than People Think? | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Dolphins and Tua Further Apart Than People Think?

He might break every record but the Dolphins still don’t have a complete team. So he might put up great stats but the Dolphins wouldn’t win a SB.

I believe Miami has good talent on many units but the OL and the DL aren’t good enough at this time to win a SB or even a playoff game for that matter.
I don't think they are good enough to win a SB either, but the hope is that once they identify the starters, they jell and get coached up some. They need to somehow win the division and get a bye and a home game. At that point they'll have a punchers chance. The problem is they haven't figured out how to beat Lil Joshy, and the Jests should be a much improved team.

I don't think they are good enough to win a SB either, but the hope is that once they identify the starters, they jell and get coached up some. They need to somehow win the division and get a bye and a home game. At that point they'll have a punchers chance. The problem is they haven't figured out how to beat Lil Joshy, and the Jests should be a much improved team.
i think the home playoff games are particularly important given the way the team is structured. still not sure how well equipped they are to win on the road, in the cold, against more physical teams. the speed and finesse stuff does not work as well when the weather is bad, and at times crowd noise seems to have affected the offenses ability to run plays properly in the road games as well.

i think the home playoff games are particularly important given the way the team is structured. still not sure how well equipped they are to win on the road, in the cold, against more physical teams. the speed and finesse stuff does not work as well when the weather is bad, and at times crowd noise seems to have affected the offenses ability to run plays properly in the road games as well.
I agree. In ideal conditions the Fins can compete with almost anyone. However, when the elements come into play; when the environment is hostile; or when they start getting pushed around...they buckle. McD and Tua need to man up as they are the heart and soul of this team, but both shrink in crunch time. This whole team needs a shot of some good ol' fashioned intestinal fortitude.

I agree. In ideal conditions the Fins can compete with almost anyone. However, when the elements come into play; when the environment is hostile; or when they start getting pushed around...they buckle. McD and Tua need to man up as they are the heart and soul of this team, but both shrink in crunch time. This whole team needs a shot of some good ol' fashioned intestinal fortitude.

To be fair, some all time greats weren't good in bad conditions. If I remember correctly Dan fouts wasn't that great in the cold. Marino from Pennsylvania could play in anything

this is interesting on Stafford. would think a contract is a contract, and he makes enough money already. not to mention, he has not been great the past few years since winning the SB, and was also hurt. but for better or for worse, i bet he squeezes the rams for more money. goes back to a few things that have been discussed on this thread:

-QBs have an incredible amount of leverage
-the salary curve is too flat. QB 10 makes close to the same money as QB1 for all practical purposes
-the whole situation with QB salaries seems somewhat out of control

They are farther away because Tua is the 15th best QB in the League but wants paid like he is the 1st best.

Never said I did.
So, you think everyone is crazy for saying, "Tua wants to reset the market?" ESPN radio, ESPN TV, and essentially anyone is saying "Tua will reset the market". For what exactly? What has this kid done other than collapse every single time? That earns you a market reset?

So, you think everyone is crazy for saying, "Tua wants to reset the market?" ESPN radio, ESPN TV, and essentially anyone is saying "Tua will reset the market". For what exactly? What has this kid done other than collapse every single time? That earns you a market reset?
No one knows what Tua is asking for.

The markets get set every year for every position. If you don't understand that that's on you.

Back
Top Bottom