Are we 2 million under the cap? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we 2 million under the cap?

BgBruthaJuvi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just got this from John Clayton from 2/27 on ESPN Insider.

"Incentive to win: The Dolphins tabulated all the incentive bonuses that kicked in from their nine win season in 2005 and found out they will have a little less than $10 million removed from this year's cap. The Dolphins structured a lot of their incentives to a winning season. Nick Saban got hot at the end of the season and finished at 9-7."

I THINK this means that some of the salary that would normally counts against the cap gets converted to an "incentive", which comes off the cap figure, creating more room.

Not sure, could be that 10 million is added also.

Dolfan1000 said:
I THINK this means that some of the salary that would normally counts against the cap gets converted to an "incentive", which comes off the cap figure, creating more room.

Not sure, could be that 10 million is added also.

Or 10 million deducted ---i'm confused

Whitedolphin54 said:
Or 10 million deducted ---i'm confused

Dont worry White, its only going to get more cunfusing if the CBA deal doesnt get done.

It means we have 10 mil less because we have to pay those incentives to the players

It says they kicked in because of the winning season. We pay them now. We get screwed again.

Its confusing. Why though would saban give incentives that would cost us that much for a winning season? Did he not expect us to have a winning year?

It could mean 2 things

1- If they have a winning season in 05 they get more in 06

2- If they have a winning season in 05, they get additional money as a bonuc that would have been paid in later years, thereby giving us additional space this year

fins1 said:
It says they kicked in because of the winning season. We pay them now. We get screwed again.
Wrong... we get cap relief:tantrum:

Alex22 said:
It could mean 2 things

1- If they have a winning season in 05 they get more in 06

2- If they have a winning season in 05, they get additional money as a bonuc that would have been paid in later years, thereby giving us additional space this year
or neither...It means the incentives in players contracts were based upon a winning season, Miami wnet 9-7, therefor alot of incentives kicked in. The 10 million DOESNT mean extra money. The 10 million is all that is coming of the books.
Simply....Miami has less money to spend then originally thought

Back
Top Bottom