Are we REALLY going to draft a another OT in the first round? Say it ain't so. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we REALLY going to draft a another OT in the first round? Say it ain't so.

Johnstone

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score

All of the mock drafts has us picking a offensive tackle in the first round. That would be 3 in the last four years. Why can't we pick a OT in the second round. Why not draft a solid playmaker in the first round. This drafting OT's in the first round, isn't working. That is why we have stunk in the last 3 years. Poor first round draft picks. Has anyone seen or heard us picking a another player, in the 1st round besides a OT?

Johnstone meet Jeff Ireland.. the Bill Parcells clone. Don't bet against it.

are we REALLY asking questions about what we're going in the first round of an event that isn't until the last week of April and whose evaluation process has yet to begin while we are still 3 months away from free agency in January?

are we REALLY asking questions about what we're going in the first round of an event that isn't until the last week of April and whose evaluation process has yet to begin while we are still 3 months away from free agency in January?

with ireland there is no question it will be ol or dl

Has anyone seen or heard us picking a another player, in the 1st round besides a OT?
Psst... 2009. Vontae Davis.

Why not save the panic for after the draft instead of crying that the sky is falling now.

Really depends on best player available. with Long at LT, Pouncy at C, we really need a good RT. Easier to make average players better with good online rather than good good rb, qb, behind mediocre online. I would love to grab an athletic TE in the draft, we also need RB because DT isn't showing much as back up to Reggie. Should be interesting this offseason

Really depends on best player available. with Long at LT, Pouncy at C, we really need a good RT. Easier to make average players better with good online rather than good good rb, qb, behind mediocre online. I would love to grab an athletic TE in the draft, we also need RB because DT isn't showing much as back up to Reggie. Should be interesting this offseason

We need oline only because we have wasted alot of money trying to improve it, We cant afford to draft ol every damn year

the funny thing is that we have been hitting on our 1st round oline draft picks. Its all the losers brought in via free agency that sucks balls

Honestly I have been blaming Tony S on all the OL picks and FA signings. This years draft will prove that theory right or wrong. Really the coach IMO tells the GM what poisition he needs filled and that is what the FA and the first 3 rounds of the draft is all about. After that it is best player available. We have done pretty well in those later rounds outside of the OL position if you study our past drafts. I put those OL picks on Tony. We wil see

FA begins in March

I don't really like the idea of taking another o-lineman in the first round but I don't like the idea of having Mark Columbo as our starting RT either. Good offensive tackles are hard to find in free agency or later in the draft so maybe taking one in the first round is the right thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom