are we shopping ricky??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are we shopping ricky???

BIGRED11

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
are we shopping ricky because the article that says..."Getting in their minds" says that williams has stated that he "would like to play on the west coast"..i really hope were not trading him. But if we can trade down to get their first (7th over all) round pick would we be willing or is that even a good idea>>>

SpurzN703 said:
What article? Who said this? Who is "they for the 7th pick"?
sorry didnt realize it wast clear...on the front page FH... it say "getting in their minds", from the miami herald scroll to the bottom of that page and and you will notice..."49's no to Ricky"..

Miami will only trade Ricky if Saban is desperate for Cutler, aka trading with da Raiders. But I think he will want Ricky out of the conference if we trade him so I can see a trade with the niners, niners get their feature back since they already have a QB. So Miami could trade ricky and draft jay at the niners spot in the draft. But I think saban will keep ricky because Croyle and Shockley are proving to be an excellent option in the 2nd or 3rd rounds as well. I will not be shocked if Saban takes one of the to CB/OL with the 16th pick.

SabanEra84 said:
Miami will only trade Ricky if Saban is desperate for Cutler, aka trading with da Raiders. But I think he will want Ricky out of the conference if we trade him so I can see a trade with the niners, niners get their feature back since they already have a QB. So Miami could trade ricky and draft jay at the niners spot in the draft. But I think saban will keep ricky because Croyle and Shockley are proving to be an excellent option in the 2nd or 3rd rounds as well. I will not be shocked if Saban takes one of the to CB/OL with the 16th pick.
well i dont want to trade Ricky. but if we do I really hpoe that its to an NFC team.. i dont want to have to play him...i just want him to stay

We are absolutly "shopping" him. I think Saban is technicly shopping everyone. If someone offered 2 1st rounders and a player for Jason Taylor, I bet he would sure think about it. Bottom line is Ricky is a luxory, not a necessity this up coming season. If we keep him, great, if we get a great offer, or can trade up for our QB of the future, better.

NLude33 said:
We are absolutly "shopping" him. I think Saban is technicly shopping everyone. If someone offered 2 1st rounders and a player for Jason Taylor, I bet he would sure think about it. Bottom line is Ricky is a luxory, not a necessity this up coming season. If we keep him, great, if we get a great offer, or can trade up for our QB of the future, better.

Yes we are shopping Ricky. No we are not shopping everyone. Yes Saban said something like that to the press to take the sting out of shopping ricky. Ricky is not a luxury, he is depth. Depth wins superbowls.

Hell yea !

Ricky and every player on this team can be traded " For the right price "
BIGRED11 said:
are we shopping ricky because the article that says..."Getting in their minds" says that williams has stated that he "would like to play on the west coast"..i really hope were not trading him. But if we can trade down to get their first (7th over all) round pick would we be willing or is that even a good idea>>>

Finland said:
Yes we are shopping Ricky. No we are not shopping everyone. Yes Saban said something like that to the press to take the sting out of shopping ricky. Ricky is not a luxury, he is depth. Depth wins superbowls.

I don't know, I think Sammy Morries and Travis Minor are depth. Ricky is a Luxury. A Heisman Trophy winning, NFL rushing leading, Pro Bowler RB as our back-up making league minimum....that is a luxury. I agree 100% though, depth wins superbowls, and Ricky definetly is depth as well, but you can't disregard the value he has.

NLude33 said:
I don't know, I think Sammy Morries and Travis Minor are depth. Ricky is a Luxury. A Heisman Trophy winning, NFL rushing leading, Pro Bowler RB as our back-up making league minimum....that is a luxury. I agree 100% though, depth wins superbowls, and Ricky definetly is depth as well, but you can't disregard the value he has.

I don't want to trade him but I am ready for it to happen. QB is more important. But if we end up with someone's trash I will not be happy. Ricky has tons of value to some. I would take him in a heart beat if I needed a running back.

NLude33 said:

:shakeno: I don't think so dude

Saban made it clear that everyone was available if the price was right and if the trade could help make the team better but I don't believe that Saban is actively shopping Ricky. I'm sure there are feelers out to see if any team picking ahead of us are interested in packaging Ricky for a trade up.

Animal Abuse

You better hope an animal activist does not see this picture.

Back
Top Bottom