Area's Of Most Important Need For Phins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Area's Of Most Important Need For Phins

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
dolfans

Here is my list of most important draft needs for the phins,some of this comes with the idea that some positions will be addressed in FA.

First my feelings are that offensive line 2 spots (T/G) will be addressed in FA
I also feel a vetran NT will be added to the defensive line and to that I feel miami will draft to stock a base 3-4 defense.

Offensive Needs:
#1-WR = a playmaker more directly I dont feel this will be a player selected in rnd 1 but perhaps as early as rnd 2.
#2-TE = a solid receiver in the mold of a Jason Witten will be added IMO
#3-QB = this is the one thats most difficult for me to grasp, my gut says they will look to add a young QB however this could be a position where a veteran is added then IMO a younger QB wont be a draft need(because of Beck)..to clearify If they deem Beck the QBOTF then I feel they will add a vet to start, if they dont like Beck long term then a QB early in the draft can be expected.

Defensive Needs:
#1-Safty= I understand that the run defense was near dead last, however IMO alot of the poor DL play was due to coaching however when you watch this team play the safty play was terrible,now Im not suggesting that a safty be drafted #1 in fact S is a weak spot in the draft but I feel a young fast sure tackling S is needed.
#2-ILB=with Zach Thomas future unclear I feel mia needs a ILB that can be the foundation of the defense for the next 5 years or so.
#3-Pass rusher= miami ranked near the bottom in two telling stats run defense and 3rd down defense ..the lack of a pass rush is why IMO that was the case on 3rd dwn now if miami can find another solid pass rusher to team with Taylor and Porter on 3rd down this would help solve one defensive problam.
#4-CB=every team needs good CB's and miami is no execption so they must find a CB that can cover the other teams top WR.

I find that many fans long for Vernon Gholston I dont see him as a realistic choice unless miami moves Taylor, also I think Chris Long makes more sense than Dorsey based on where miami would play either player C.Long at RE or LE in the 3-4 is a better fit than Dorsey at NT or DE in a 3-4.

Back
Top Bottom