Arizona OL Fire Sale? L.J. Shelton could be next... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arizona OL Fire Sale? L.J. Shelton could be next...

I don't think RS will look into it. It has just been his history of sticking with what we have. Hopefully it will work out.

The good news is, we have the money to sign Pete Kendall. Right now I believe we are about $7 million under the salary cap after signing all of our draft picks. Sure we probably couldn't give Pete his $2.2 million he was going to make in Zona, but we probably could give him something close to that. Also, if Grigsby turns out to be the next Ogun, we might just be able to use more of that $7 million.

Did all three New England sacks come against Smith? Seems to me like Vrabel would have gotten his against Ruddy, Nails or Perry.

No, they didn't necessarily come against Smith but I wasn't trying to suggest they did. Vrabel plays ROLB most of the time I believe which would mean on blitzes, he'd be coming toward Smith's side most of the time I would think. Anyway I was just saying the data suggests there could be some serious holes in the theory that Smith did better as the season progressed. Maybe he did in some games, but the data also suggests that for the most part when he went up against DEs who are good passrushers, he still gave up sacks.

I don't think RS will look into it. It has just been his history of sticking with what we have. Hopefully it will work out.

I'm kind of worried about that, except i think Dave would probably be the driving force behind sticking to what we already have. They seem to get tunnel vision as far as upsetting chemistry and getting players who don't know the playbook etc when the bottom line sometimes is you just need a guy who can flat out play better.

ckparrothead said:
No, they didn't necessarily come against Smith but I wasn't trying to suggest they did. Vrabel plays ROLB most of the time I believe which would mean on blitzes, he'd be coming toward Smith's side most of the time I would think. Anyway I was just saying the data suggests there could be some serious holes in the theory that Smith did better as the season progressed. Maybe he did in some games, but the data also suggests that for the most part when he went up against DEs who are good passrushers, he still gave up sacks.

interesting, I thought you were trying to suggest they did.

I was suggesting that it looks like Smith most likely had something to do with those sacks, judging by the fact that both players play on Smith's side. We don't know exactly who got what sack against who. We know how many sacks Smith allowed, 16, which is a lot, but unfortunately stats inc does not give a game by game breakdown of what games those sacks game in or against who.

What I wasn't trying to suggest, is that absolutely all of the sacks in question were definitely Smith's fault.

huh, shelton is my starting left tackle on nfl 2k5, picked him up in my second season in free agency. he was rated 79 on the game and i gave him a 5 year 21 million dollar deal. wade is on the right side now and im not gettin blindsided by so many speedy right ends. ive never seen him play. but id expect it him to be pretty good if hes managed to keep leonard davis at guard.

Bryant McKinnie gave up 11 sacks last year and is supposed to be a stud.

I'll agree that Wade needs to improve, but from everywhere I have heard he needed two years to learna dn get better and we had to throw him in ther eyear 1. He will get better this year almsot undoubtedly. He supposedly is already better than last year (If he becomes a 12 sack guy he'll be just fine)

I would jump all over Shelton merely to put him somewhere and let our best 5 shake out.

We still need O-lineman, stud o-lineman. Not salvage lineman.

Back
Top Bottom