Armando Salguero "Jets are a mirage" great read | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero "Jets are a mirage" great read

and yet the Phins want to play smashmouth football on offense and presumably get a dominant defense. i guess they will be a mirage too. i love how that retard wants to take the Jets D out of the equation. why? i guess the Steelers were a mirage too with their run game and dominating D when they cheated, i mean beat Seattle.

This was an article for all the homer fans in Miami that never or rarely use their common sense. There are still a few idiots here who are holding onto the sweep to try to belittle their accomplishments.

cryingbaby-1.jpg

Sounds to me like someone's belly is aching. Jets are 7-1 in their last 8 games. They are playing their best football at the right time. They deserve to be there, as much as it sucks.

I can't wait to watch this mirage on Sunday. It's going to be great. It's been 12 years ...

The best part about this game is the Dolphins already gave us the blueprint on how to win it. We just have to play a little better on defense than they did.

You can't abandon the run but you have to establish a passing game. The Steelers Super Bowl win in 2005 wasn't ground & pound. Big Ben was very capable of completing passes and throwing down field in all of the play offs. I'm not hating I respect what the Jets have done, but Salguero brings up an interesting point. If the Jets don't want to be a passing team why did they trade for Braylon Edwards? They are very lucky they have a rookie that produces in Shonn Greene. Because if the game co es down to QB production on Sunday Sanchez isn't very reliable.

You can't abandon the run but you have to establish a passing game. The Steelers Super Bowl win in 2005 wasn't ground & pound. Big Ben was very capable of completing passes and throwing down field in all of the play offs. I'm not hating I respect what the Jets have done, but Salguero brings up an interesting point. If the Jets don't want to be a passing team why did they trade for Braylon Edwards? They are very lucky they have a rookie that produces in Shonn Greene. Because if the game co es down to QB production on Sunday Sanchez isn't very reliable.

They have a rookie QB starting. You forget that the year before that Super Bowl Roethlisberger was a rookie. Ben went to the AFC Championship game in his rookie season, if I remember correctly, I think he threw 2 TD's and 3 INT's against the Patriots.

This is not the way the jets will play for years to come, they have developed a rookie QB this year and he's developing very well. He's making plays when they ask him to. No he's not as good as Ben '05 was but hopefully in '10 he will be. He's playing much better than Ben '04 though.

The Jets traded for Edwards because there was no threat of a passing game at all. The Jets wanted to be a running team from day 1 and said as much several times throughout the offseason but you still need balance. If they really went into the year with the idea of being a passing team they would have made a move for a WR during the offseason, not during the regular season. They realized through the first month that they had no balance to the offense at all and made the deal. But ultimately the offense was always based around the run.

This is not the way the jets will play for years to come, they have developed a rookie QB this year and he's developing very well. He's making plays when they ask him to. No he's not as good as Ben '05 was but hopefully in '10 he will be. He's playing much better than Ben '04 though.

I don't think so Big Ben had a great rookie campaign. He won every game he started until the AFC Championship Game. I'm pretty sure he had 17 TDs and 10 INTs. Mark Sanchez was off to a pretty good start and then something went wrong. I think he played his best on MNF against us, but after that things got ugly. Sanchez has not won any games for the Jets this season in fact he's blown games with poor decision making and bad play. Big Ben actually won games for the Steelers and lead the team. Mark Sanchez is the least preasured QB in the league that means he has time to make plays but isn't. He also has the luxury of a good Rushing Offense and Good Defense. I'll give your defense all of the credit for carrying this team this far into the playoffs along with some breaks that have gone your way (missed field goals in both games) as well as Shonn Greene (he deserves all of the rookie superstar gamebreaker accolades not Sanchez.) The plays Sanchez is making are simple completed passes. In that San Diego game the only time he got into the Red Zone was because of a Leonard INT and a penalty. I also don't want to hear Peyton Manning had 20 INTs his rookie season....he had over 20 TDs. INTs aren't an issue when you're throwing TDs. How well would Mark Sanchez be doing if the Jets didn't move up to get him and he actually went to a struggling team without an Offensive Line, good Defense or Rushing Offense?

Exactly Edwards was the missing piece of your offense...why isn't Sanchez throwing to him more consistently? Rookie or no rookie when you're surrounded with that much talent you should be able to flourish to some extent.

Back
Top Bottom