Armstead to Rework or Restructure Contract | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead to Rework or Restructure Contract

Interesting. Sportrac is saying the money that was supposed to be guaranteed on March 17 to Armstead has been converted to a signing bonus. Not sure when that happened.

Interesting. Sportrac is saying the money that was supposed to be guaranteed on March 17 to Armstead has been converted to a signing bonus. Not sure when that happened.
Yep..I just looked . No idea when that happened?

now the suspense is killing me....at first I thought he might be taking a pay-cut but who knows what this is?

Going to wait for the details on this.

Armstead is great when he is on the field, he just isn't on it enough. Will be interested in seeing what they are doing with this....

Yep..I just looked . No idea when that happened?
Last I looked at his contract was during the retirement rumors a month or so ago and mentioned that money may have been part of the thought process on why he was returning so it hadn't happened yet at that point.

now the suspense is killing me....at first I thought he might be taking a pay-cut but who knows what this is?
I think this is probably something similar to what they've done with declining players in the past... like with Ced. Wilson last year. Both sides agree to end the contract after this year, cutting future years out of the equation. This gives the player guaranteed now dollars and the team the ability to manage their dead cap dollars over a couple of years.

It probably will give us a few cap dollars this year... and spread the dead cap into 2025 and maybe 2026.

Yep, looks like that Sportrac signing bonus conversion was just listed today. Looking at news articles even from today have his salary listed as 5m this year with the 8m guarantee on the 17th. Sportrac now has his yearly salary at 13m.

So basically they are converting the 8m guarantee this year to save it off the cap this year to spread out.

For all intents and purposes, he was going to get this money anyways, so this is a way the Fins can pay him cash now, relieve the cap burden this year and spread out that 8m over contract.

At least that's how I'm reading it. Could be completely wrong! šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Yep, looks like that Sportrac signing bonus conversion was just listed today. Looking at news articles even from today have his salary listed as 5m this year with the 8m guarantee on the 17th. Sportrac now has his yearly salary at 13m.

So basically they are converting the 8m guarantee this year to save it off the cap this year to spread out.

At least that's how I'm reading it. Could be completely wrong! šŸ¤£
I think that's what I see as well. Can spread it out over 25 and 26 i guess.

Back
Top Bottom