Arrelious Benn article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arrelious Benn article

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Granted this is from Feb 2010. Especially after clocking a 4.36 I'm thinking that he might be going higher in the draft than most think. Excellent physical skills that were downplayed by the dual weights around his neck of Zook and Williams. If he had a better junior year he'd probably be right in the discussion for us at #12. My personal opinion is that his size, speed, yac qualities are just what the doctor ordered for our offense, plugging the one remaing true hole. Also interesting is the connection to Vontae Davis:
Arrelious Benn eager to prove he can match his talent with production

Illinois wide receiver Arrelious Benn, who many mock drafts suggest could be a potential first-round pick for the Ravens, didn't have particularly impressive college stats. His final year at Illinois, his junior year, he had just 38 catches for 490 yards and two touchdowns. But almost no one blames those subpar numbers on Benn, who was one of the Fighting Illini's few bright spots in a 3-9 season. It made it an easy decision to leave school after his junior year.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spo..._to_prove_he_can_match_his_talent_with_p.html

Last edited by a moderator:
He is the #1 receiver in this draft imo, when you take everything into consideration. The guy is mature, well spoken, a professional, and a great talent.

He is a #1 receiver in this draft imo, when you take everything into consideration. The guy is mature, well spoke, a professional, and a great talent.

I agree. If you put aside the 2009 stats- fair or not- and factor in his 4.36 I think that he's a top 15-20 talent. I'm really wondering how much a reach he would be at #12, given our so-so options there if Bryant is gone. Even if we don't draft him, we need a guy like Benn on our team.

Without a doubt in my mind. We need Benn on our team.

Benn is alllll YAC. Love the kid.

been a fan since day one stuck with a RB playing QB in juice williams that was the least accurate QB i have ever seen play only 8 games the last 2 years was juice over 60% comp i look at benn as a wr that runs all the routes big physical fast and very good hands

i dont think ravens will draft him anymore in round 1.

but i do think round 2 we have the rams or bucs who could get him before us.

which might only leave us with lafell

I like him, but he's not a better prospect than D. Bryant.

I wouldn't mind drafting him in the 2nd - assuming we have legitimate options for OLB and FS in the 1st and 3rd.

he's not a better prospect than dez bryant...but i think he'd be a steal at pick #43...

I like him, but he's not a better prospect than D. Bryant.

I wouldn't mind drafting him in the 2nd - assuming we have legitimate options for OLB and FS in the 1st and 3rd.

I never said that he was, and I agree with you. Nonetheless, Benn being a 4.36 guy as opposed to Bryant being a probable 4.55 guy is something to think about. As much as I like Benn, what sticks out to me re: Bryant besides his size and physicality is his explosion, regardless of his 40 time. That explosive quality sells me on Bryant, much as it hesitates me on Demaryious Thomas. Turn the clock back one year- imo if Benn came out after 2008 he'd be considered a value at least 10 spots higher than he's considered now. The question is why did he slip- and if he sliipped because of reasons beyond his control as I think that he did, then there's very little chance that he'll slide to #43. He's just too good for that.

This is 100% based on a few youtube clips but to me Benn looks a lot better than Thomas. Benn is constantly wide open where as Thomas always has a db draped all over him. Does Benn have bad hands or something? Why is Thomas rated over him?

Back
Top Bottom