Arsenal sign 7 year old | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arsenal sign 7 year old

I think this is just insane.

I'm glad the U.S. has greater restrictions on age pertaining to pro teams. I understand a LeBron James or Freddy Adu get signed every now and then, but at least they're not 7 years old, nor do we "Miami Dolphins Junior Academy". Those junior academies for pro teams are ridiculous.

1. That kid will never focus on academics now that he is signed by a professional sports team. Which is very sad.

2. I believe a young kid develops a lot better by playing on the streets and learns vital components on his own and will gain a greater advantage than a kid in a paid instutition.

I think this is just funny. It is pathetic, but funny.

Anyway, it isn't like the kid doesn't go to school now because he got signed.

Originally posted by Dolfan02

2. I believe a young kid develops a lot better by playing on the streets and learns vital components on his own and will gain a greater advantage than a kid in a paid instutition.

Interesting theory...I am not disagreeing or agreeing but I am going to ask you why you think this. It should make for an interesting read.

Originally posted by Prime Time

Interesting theory...I am not disagreeing or agreeing but I am going to ask you why you think this. It should make for an interesting read.

Because its a kid. A kid needs to go at his own pace, not the pace of highly-paid adult's suggestion. Plus, developing in pick-up games when you're young makes you more aggressive than opposed to being in a protected, pampering, multi-billionaire training institution when being a kid.

:lol:

First Adu, now this.

Soon we'll be signing up fetus' to play for soccer clubs :lol:

Originally posted by Migs182005
:lol:

First Adu, now this.

Soon we'll be signing up fetus' to play for soccer clubs :lol:

What's a fetus? I think you mean an unborn child. ;)

And actually, I heard a news story where Nike signed somekind of deal with the U.S. runner, Mariel Jones (or whatever her name is, that Olympic gold-medalist female runner) and her husband who is an Olympic sprinter too. They don't even have a kid yet, but Nike signed their future child! Only because some people were suggesting they might produce the fastest human ever.

European soccer clubs will do anything to get an advantage. Reminds me of wanting to be the Steinbrenners of Europe. They had a report on the Comcast station in Philly about Freddy Adu. In it, they said that AC Milan offered them 10 million when Adu was 10 years old just to oversee his progress. His family turned them down.

You guys do not understand how "signing" young players works in Europe. Believe me, he gets no money, he is just a schoolboy, which menas he will be in a soccer academy. No diffferent than a high school player going to Oak Hill(Va.) Acadamy to prep him for college ball.

Sure he is young, but these youth academies are very different to anyhting we have on this side of the pond.

It sounds worse than it is, beleive me.

you cannot sign a proffessional contract in England until you are 16....

Back
Top Bottom