article not bad on needs. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

article not bad on needs.

I think all the Ginn talk needs to stop. The guy will be a middle to late first rounder. His route running skills have been described as "lacking." This alone should entice us to pass on him.

Pretty crappyarticle. No more Ginn talk. Its pandering to an audience that demands a sexy pick..

At the end of his article he tells the Dolphins not to do exactly what he just suggested! What a hack.

I think all the Ginn talk needs to stop. The guy will be a middle to late first rounder. His route running skills have been described as "lacking." This alone should entice us to pass on him.

:yeahthat:

Someone with some sense, thank you.

Amobi Akoye is not 317 lbs. He is 297 last I checked.

I got two words for all the Ginn lovers out there

Rocket Ismail.

This guy was average as a receiver and unless we feel like using the #9 pick on a special teamer, I say pass.
Jarrett is a much better pro prospect, but even his lack of speed scares me at #9. He runs outstanding routes though - he will be good.

Yes to the bold.

who cares if he lacks "a little" in that department...that can be developed. And we only need him to be our "deep threat" and KR/PR in his first year anyway. He'll improve the route running by year 2.

Ginn is definitely a smart pick. ONLY, I repeat, ONLY...if Levi Brown isnt a franchise LT...which he hasnt really impressed me so far. But if he is...then I would pass on Ginn for Brown. But that' ONLY if he is a franchise LT, which he needs to impress in the Combines to even be considered.

Offense is stagnant and boring!

I completely agree with this article in the context that Miami needs offensive talent. At #9, Miami should be able to land an offensive starter or at least a game influencer from a match up perspective. This calls for a WR no doubt.

Chambers is what Chambers has been for the last umpteen years, inconsistent, undependable, occassionally spectacular. That doesnt get it in this league. Booker, well, we all know he is slow but somewhat productive. Welker at the slot is fine but the need is at #1 WR.

Miami can pound the ball on a more consistent basis if defenses had to respect the pass. Unfortunately, McMike did little this year to command attention from a safety and most defenses put a LB on him and it was sufficient.

A WR that commands double coverage impacts the game planning exponentially. It reduces man coverage by your opponent, it takes a safety out of the box, and it allows you to dictate on a more regular basis to the defense. This impacts the game planning significantly before the ball is even kicked off.

An OT does not impact the game. A corner at this point does not impact Miami's glarring weakness, which is POINTS SCORED. The #1 weakness and therefore...you heard it hear first...Miami will absolutely draft offense at #9, if not double down for a later pick.

Take it to the bank.

who cares if he lacks "a little" in that department...that can be developed. And we only need him to be our "deep threat" and KR/PR in his first year anyway. He'll improve the route running by year 2.

Ginn is definitely a smart pick. ONLY, I repeat, ONLY...if Levi Brown isnt a franchise LT...which he hasnt really impressed me so far. But if he is...then I would pass on Ginn for Brown. But that' ONLY if he is a franchise LT, which he needs to impress in the Combines to even be considered.

Stop downplaying his negatives.

He has horrible hands, runs poor routes and cuts them off way too early. Hes an 8.5 out of 10 kick returner who has amazing speed, but thats it.

The cons outway the pros heavily.. Now, if we had pick #19.. THEN maybe Id say we go after Ginn.. but not with #9

To be considered by who? You? he's already shown that he is the 2nd best LT in this class and the 3rd isn't even close to him or Thomas. Brown is easily worth a top ten pick at this time.

I don't want to draft any player on the first day who has a questionable heart. We already have a Manny Wright associated with our team. I read a scouting report on Levei Brown that said he could be a future leader and anchor a line or he could be a huge disappointment. I'd rather keep Keep MacIntosh or better yet, meet that need in free agency. I'd even rather we started Alabi and spent the money on defensive free agents. We need to draft an intelligent winner with our top ten pick or try to trade down. For God's sake aren't you guys sick of loser picks??????? We don't wnat to draft anybody in the first round who's heart or intelligence is questioned. I haven't heard anybody question Ginn's intelligence or his heart and from what i have read Okoye excells at every thing. Please! let's not draft Levi Brown or Gaines Adam's, they are not worth the risk. I'd rather have Spencer and Samson Satele in later rounds.

Back
Top Bottom