As much as I hate the Patriots..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As much as I hate the Patriots.....

Dubfire

Deep Dish Fan
Reaction score
I hate the Colts just as much. Especially Manning. What he did this year in breaking Marino's record was a fraud. I saw many Colts games this year and a lot of 6, 7, and 8 yard TD passes. Everytime they got inside the 10, they'd throw it. It's clear the motive was to break Dan's record. I'm not impressed. Today's rules are geared more towards offense and defenses are up against it when it comes to defending WR's. What would Dan do with today's rules?

Time for all us of us to get on the Steelers bandwagon!! I'm driving!!

Patsies still SUCK!!

You know...I find it ironic that the season Marinos TD record falls is the year they have this new point of emphasis for illegal contact. Manning benefited from this more than any QB. He has two above average TE's and that is the postion that has seen the highest increase in production this year. I also find it ironic that in the rematch game that changed that rule (AFC Championship) last year, he hasn't done crap!

Those aqua and orange glasses must be powerful. Manning was fantastic this year, the Pats are just better today.

Unbelievable, another week of not listening to sports radio up here... it's going to be unbearable:shakeno: . The patriots think they are gods gift to football... Let's Go Steelers!

canesfins13 said:
Those aqua and orange glasses must be powerful. Manning was fantastic this year, the Pats are just better today.

Hey buddy, I dont doubt that. He was indeed. But you gotta admit that with todays rules 49 TD passes is not as impressive as it used to be. And the Patriots were better today. They need to rename the Vince Lombardi trophy after Belicheck. He is an amazing coach. I'm just tired of all the Manning talk. And yes, I am a bitter die-hard Dolphin fan (who's probably had one too many Coors Lights), that's pissed as hell his team is not in the playoffs and who knows his team has underachieved greatly the past 3 seasons.

Dubfire said:
Hey buddy, I dont doubt that. He was indeed. But you gotta admit that with todays rules 49 TD passes is not as impressive as it used to be. And the Patriots were better today. They need to rename the Vince Lombardi trophy after Belicheck. He is an amazing coach. I'm just tired of all the Manning talk. And yes, I am a bitter die-hard Dolphin fan (who's probably had one too many Coors Lights), that's pissed as hell his team is not in the playoffs and who knows his team has underachieved greatly the past 3 seasons.

10-6 last year behind the O-Line we had was OVER-achieving in my opinion.

P.S. The only one worse than the Dolphins O-Line was the Skins, and even that is debatable. As for renaming the Lombardi trophy... :shakeno: Shula was a better coach.

There is no team in the league I hate more than the Pats. Manning isnt a fraud, he is a great qb. If Marinos records have to be broken by someone, Im glad it was Manning to do it.

You know... when it looked like he was going to get 55-60 i defended Manning and the fact he was going to break the record.... 1 more than Dan though with these new rules is not amazing.

MischiefDolphin said:
You know... when it looked like he was going to get 55-60 i defended Manning and the fact he was going to break the record.... 1 more than Dan though with these new rules is not amazing.

No, its not. However what is there to do about it? Dan is too old to come out and break Manning's. Which he could probably do if he was 7 years younger.

So much for Huckleberry Manning and the "greatest season any QB ever had." Yeah right. :shakeno:

Can't even make it to the conference championship. Hell, can't even score a touchdown against a defense that's riddled with injuries.

Screw the Steelers, go Pats. In the SB root I root for the NFC team to beat the pats on worldwide television.

Manning is a good QB who will get alot of records. The one thing he is also is a QB who will never win a big game. He didn't do it in college and he won't do it in the pros. I rather have a Tom Brady then a Peyton Manning any day.

the one thing i will tip my hat to peyton is that he has brought back the play calling to the quarterback position. i think that like the '85 bears defensen people will sit down and scheme this offense and you will not see the success next year that he had this year. marino in my opinion is still the best i have ever seen. unfortunately the front office let him down by not building a championship team around him. as for the patriots i dont see anybody beating them. if this was roethsligberger's 3rd year i would take the steelers but after seeing how bad he played against the worst team in the playoffs- the jets, i gotta think the patriots do it again. look at it this way if they do win a 3rd superbowl at least we could say that we beat them

Dubfire said:
I hate the Colts just as much. Especially Manning. What he did this year in breaking Marino's record was a fraud. I saw many Colts games this year and a lot of 6, 7, and 8 yard TD passes. Everytime they got inside the 10, they'd throw it. It's clear the motive was to break Dan's record. I'm not impressed. Today's rules are geared more towards offense and defenses are up against it when it comes to defending WR's. What would Dan do with today's rules?

Time for all us of us to get on the Steelers bandwagon!! I'm driving!!

Patsies still SUCK!!
Manning got the record by playing 10 games indoors...when he plays outside he looks like he did today...AVERAGE. I am gonna hp on the Steelers Bus...and I don't mean Jerome Bettis. I am breaking out my hidden Terrible Towel for next week's game.,,I know that's blasphemy to own a terrible towel and be a Dolphins fan but it is time to shut to Patsies big mouths!!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom