Assuming they all become All Pro's who would you want | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming they all become All Pro's who would you want

Thriteen13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Not to argue who we think will become better NFL players,

let's assume all the top targets...

-J.Long
-C.Long
-V.Gholston
-G.Dorsey

...assume all these guys become first team All Pro players for the next 12 years. Assuming that, now who would you rather have?

(And assume J.Long is at LT)

(And I counted out M. Ryan cause I think that's a no-brainer to take a guaranteed All Pro QB over any other position)

Jake Long if he's considered a top five left tackle but with someone like Gholston it would depnd on how he got in. If he's getting the all pro designation because of 15 sacks or more per season, I take Gholston. Anything over twelve sacks per season is worth more than a left tackle

Jake Long if he's considered a top five left tackle but with someone like Gholston it would depnd on how he got in. If he's getting the all pro designation because of 15 sacks or more per season, I take Gholston. Anything over twelve sacks per season is worth more than a left tackle

No way . . . .

Simply put . . . those guys are EASIER to find, than a All pro LT . . . like this thread suggests.

An All Pro LT is key for your running game and your QB in the pocket . . . he makes your whole team better on EVERY snap on offense . . . .teams can run away from a DE . . . use a TE to help on certain situations . . . I mean if you have a guy at LT who can take the other teams DE and negate him from making his presence felt . . . that is MUCH more important.

No way . . . .

Simply put . . . those guys are EASIER to find, than a All pro LT . . . like this thread suggests.

An All Pro LT is key for your running game and your QB in the pocket . . . he makes your whole team better on EVERY snap on offense . . . .teams can run away from a DE . . . use a TE to help on certain situations . . . I mean if you have a guy at LT who can take the other teams DE and negate him from making his presence felt . . . that is MUCH more important.
You could be right but I can always compensate for a left tackle as long as he doesnt suck. Give me a left tackle that's rated between 10 and 20 and I can make my offense work. If I cant get any pressure on the other teams QB however then my defense is doomed. Every QB will look like Tom Brady if I cant get pressure on him.

And the survey says....Jake Long

Jake Long. But I believe he is the least likely of the four to reach that lofty status. Dorsey - C. Long - Gholston - Long would be my guess on the likelyhood.

Only thing better than a perennial all pro LT, is a QB. Jake Long in a landslide.

Back
Top Bottom